New Psu

DasReich

Hi all, I would appreciate some advice from you guys on a PSU.

It would appear my PSU has gone Kapputt!!

Looking at a new one, so any recomendations?

Have been thinking of the Tagan TG900, bit over what I currently need, but thinking of going dual sli at some time in the near future..so...

Im also thinking of the Hiper Omnigrid II, I dont know anything about this make, so any ideas of good makes will be appreciated.

Have been using an Enermax 600w so far, thought these were supposed to be good, but this has died in just over a year, so not happy.

Im not far from Novatech in the UK and I need this quite urgently, so I could pick it up tommorrow maybe.

But if you know of a good PSU fom elsewhere which is better, Im happy to wait a day or two, just have to plod on with this steam powered laptop.

Cheers

Dave

Hi LUK, does that come with all the relevant cables/connectors?

I was looking at Overclockers when you replied, dealt with them before, got the Enermax Noisetaker from them. I see that Novatech dont have the 700, do this make have a good rep for quality, I know their memory is rated highly, but dont know anything about PSU's.

Dave

Dave, another good one is Antec True Power, don't know if there're sold over there. I've been running a 850 watt one for a couple of years now without any probs at all. Very quiet PSU. One drawback, a tad bit pricey but the quality so far has made it a worthwhile investment. :) Comes with all the cables connectors and everything you need to install and go. :P

Well the OCZ one I have is actually designed/made by FSP or something. There are a few companies that have rebranded this one particular model because it was so good - OCZ is one of them.

It comes with a decent 3 year warranty and their customer service is very good - you go direct to OCZ.

This is the one I have:

http://www.ocztechnology.com/products/powe...am_power_supply

Oh and yes it comes with all the connectors you could ever need.

WOW ! That looks very similar to the Antecs over here. Even the specs are close. The quality and workmanship are probabley identical as well. There're great PSU's.......... :thumbup:

Thanks for the input lads, worth looking into something else before I buy..

Anyone use Hiper? they look pretty good on specs, not familiar with them personally though.

Dave.

PSU Wattage PFC Fans Warranty Price

Antec NeoPower 480W Active 1 120mm 3 years $110

Enermax EG485P-SFMA24P 485W Passive 2 80mm, 1 blower 3 years $129

OCZ PowerStream 520W Passive 2 80mm 5 years $130

SH SH-ATX465P4 465W NA 2 80mm NA $40

Silverstone SST-ST30NF 300W Active None 3 years $155

Ultra X-Connect 500W None 2 80mm 1 year $99

Vantec Ion 2 350W None 1 120mm 3 years $45

Zalman ZM400B-APS 400W Active 1 80mm 1 year $87

www.techreport.com use the search function for the psu.s

the OCZ one that LUK mentioned looks really good, pricey but 5 yrs warranty

if you're looking for a monitor this is a sick price for a 22 inch

http://www.costco.com/Browse/Product.aspx?...av=&browse=

SO enermax is still under warranty, That may be good news for him then.

Get a psu with high amps on the 12v rail minimum 20 though i would say go for a minimum of 26 amps.

Some say go for a dual rail 12v or even a triple rail. My dual rail blew under 4 months and it's replacement lasted about 9 months.

Have seen some psu for 189 GBP no way I'm gonna pay that, never had an email response back from any psu manufacturer when things went bad regardless of warranty.

Never owned and enermax though.

Edited by dontasciime

Well...the Enermax is supposed to have a warranty, got to find the invoice for it. I will contact Overclockers to see if they have any details, but Im not holding much hope they will help out without documentation from me.

I didnt think the OCZ was a bad price really, not one available locally, so it will be a mail order jobby for that.

Appreciate the input people.

:thumbup:

Dave.

Well...the Enermax is supposed to have a warranty, got to find the invoice for it. I will contact Overclockers to see if they have any details, but Im not holding much hope they will help out without documentation from me.

I didnt think the OCZ was a bad price really, not one available locally, so it will be a mail order jobby for that.

Appreciate the input people.

:thumbup:

Dave.

if you paid for it with a debit or credit card then your bank statement will have the date ,price etc

Important Information

By using this site, you agree to our Terms of Use.