incompatible format?

Dop

1 month ago i used the same dvd-r type and it burned perfect but now i bought new dvd's from the same type and everytime it says incompatible format :/

i hope that one of you can help me:) here is my log:

I 18:52:50 ImgBurn Version 2.1.0.0 started!

I 18:52:50 Microsoft Windows XP Home Edition (5.1, Build 2600 : Service Pack 2)

I 18:52:50 Initialising SPTI...

I 18:52:50 Searching for SCSI / ATAPI devices...

I 18:52:50 Found 1 DVD?RW!

I 18:55:13 Searching for SCSI / ATAPI devices...

I 18:55:13 Found 1 DVD?RW!

I 18:57:54 Operation Started!

I 18:57:54 Source File: C:\Program Files\spellen\ps2\just cause\Just Cause PS2.iso

I 18:57:54 Source File Sectors: 1.298.241 (MODE1/2048)

I 18:57:54 Source File Size: 2.658.797.568 bytes

I 18:57:54 Source File Volume Identifier: SLES_54137

I 18:57:54 Source File Application Identifier: PLAYSTATION

I 18:57:54 Source File Implementation Identifier: DVD-ROM GENERATOR

I 18:57:54 Source File File System(s): ISO9660; UDF (1,02)

I 18:57:54 Destination Device: [0:1:0]_NEC DVD_RW ND-3530A 1.80 (D:) (ATA)

I 18:57:54 Destination Media Type: DVD-R (Disc ID: RITEKF1)

I 18:57:54 Destination Media Sectors: 2.298.496

I 18:57:54 Write Mode: DVD

I 18:57:54 Write Type: DAO

I 18:57:54 Write Speed: 16x

I 18:57:54 Link Size: Auto

I 18:57:54 Test Mode: Yes

I 18:57:54 BURN-Proof: Enabled

E 18:58:04 Failed to Reserve Track! - Cannot Write Medium - Incompatible Format

E 18:58:05 Operation Failed! - Duration: 00:00:10

I 18:58:05 Average Write Rate: N/A - Maximum Write Rate: N/A

Edit: as you see in the log i trie to burn a ps2 disc not a movie ;)

Edited by Dop

Ritek discs are problematic at best and bad at their worst. Ritek1 has very mixed reviews; try a better media. We recommend Verbatim DataLifePlus or Taito Yuden branded media mostly.

Also your firmware is not listed on the rpc1.org website, you may want to flash to a current firmware.

If you slow down the burn to 8X or even 4X, you "may" get them to work. Spinners advice is best though, get some better media. The good thing is, it's not really anymore money than poor, in N.A. that is anyway.

it are philips dvd-r's and it worked fine 1 month ago with the same dvd burner and writer thats why i dont understand it. i just bought for ?60 dvd's and now it won't work :(

Edit:normally i burn them on 1x speed but that also wont work:( :'(

Next edit: in the main window it says this: Disc ID: 0@P-!-00

what does that mean? what i also dont understand is i got a patch 1.80 from _NEC DVD_RW ND-3530A

i looked on there main website and saw that the last version was 1.60 ?!? wtf is that:P

Edited by Dop

Unfortunately those discs are that "touchy", sometimes they work, sometimes not. They won't burn @1X as that isn't a speed rated by them, newer 16X discs often aren't rated at lower than 4X. Don't worry about O@P-!-00, some discs just show up that way. Michel Deboer's NEC firmware site show's your 1.80 firmware, so you should be fine.

it are philips dvd-r's and it worked fine 1 month ago with the same dvd burner and writer thats why i dont understand it. i just bought for ?60 dvd's and now it won't work :(

Edit:normally i burn them on 1x speed but that also wont work:( :'(

Next edit: in the main window it says this: Disc ID: 0@P-!-00

what does that mean? what i also dont understand is i got a patch 1.80 from _NEC DVD_RW ND-3530A

i looked on there main website and saw that the last version was 1.60 ?!? wtf is that:P

what you burned even yesterday you might not be able to burn today Ritek its hit and miss the last good media Ritek made was their GO4 4X media I still can play stuff I burned to them years ago .Verbatim and Taiyo Yuden are the only discs I burn to anything else is a waste of time and effort .If its dual layer stuff then Verbatim dual layer discs are the ONLY ones to use, anything else is at your own risk

I dont know of any media and /or drives that support 1X burning these days, if you look at the supported write speeds in the IMGburn window then thats what you should burn at

the Disc ID: 0@P-!-00 is common to -R media even the great media I have the same ID on my Verbatim 16X -R discs you can ignore it

dont bother to try to write anything at 16X speed all the testing done even to greaat media suggests that 12X should be the max in order to get high quality burns( 90% plus) Look at the drives and media forum

I 18:57:54 Test Mode: Yes

this from your log, in test mode its a simulated burn you dont actually burn anything to disc

also your drives firmware doesn't recognize that media as you see theres no supported write speeds in thew main window look for a firmware update

phillips are a" brand" of disc at doesn't mean much they put their name on discs manufactured by different companys, phillips also sell discs that are CMC MAG some of the biggest crap in the world

Up till about a year ago, Ritek made pretty good disks. I used them all the time and never had an issue (the +Rs). But then they changed manufacturers and quality went down the toilet. You should only get TY or Verbatims now.

Regards

Important Information

By using this site, you agree to our Terms of Use.