ImgBurn stealing focus at completion

Wing Commander

I am on Windows 7 using ImgBurn 2.5.8.0.

I prefer to run ImgBurn in the background while I'm working on something else.

ImgBurn has been stealing focus when discs finish burning, minimizing my current application and forcing itself as the active application. I need this to stop.

I don't mind a bell or chime in the background when ImgBurn finishes a disc, but talking me away from my work is too much.

I've looked around the settings, but can find nothing to stop the behavior.

Older version of the software did not steal focus.

Can someone help me out?

Edited by Wing Commander

That's odd.  On my setup, it doesn't ALWAYS steal focus when the completion window comes up.  It does occasionally but it's more often than not that it doesn't.

Focus seems to a weird thing.  It's sort of like apps where some versions can remember to keep windows maximized when you maximize them and some versions don't.

Yeah, focus seems to be a persistent issue.  For instance, Macrium Reflect is always stealing focus when it finishes a backup.  Annoys me.  And sometimes focus should be stolen and isn't!  For instance, starting with Windows 8, Windows Explorer dialogs for file copying and "errors" or things like files already existing don't steal focus when they should.  In fact, they sometimes don't even flash the system tray icon to let you know there's an error!  :rolleyes:

Important Information

By using this site, you agree to our Terms of Use.