Burning data files to dual layer discs

Jim44

Hi all,

First let me say I've been lurking/reading here & elsewhere for a while and want to say "Thanks!" to LUK! and everybody here for all the info I've "absorbed" so far (ex: Verbatim DVD+R DL discs are on their way :) ). The "Build" mode is excellent, been doing single-layer data file burning with complete success. :thumbup:

But, I'm about to embark on my first DL burning (after 18 months of owning the DL burner), and my question is similar to Travman's here:

http://forum.imgburn.com/index.php?showtopic=2040

except I don't need the DV-AVI files to play on any player - merely using the DL media for backup.

Do I need to concern myself at all with the layer-break? Would there be any advantage to sizing the AVI segments so that no single file spans the layer-break? (Easy enough to do when doing the initial "capsfer" with WinDV.)

Thanks,

Jim

Nope, you don't need to concern yourself with it if you're just doing data stuff.

There will be a tiny pause in reading any file that spans the layerbreak but I very much doubt you'd notice it.

Most players will perform some sort of buffering/caching so it would appear seamless even if it was an AVI or whatever.

Just wanted to report back briefly that this worked as easy as LUK! indicated - as far as I was concerned ImgBurn burned the DL data disc just like all the SL ones I've done. No muss, no fuss :)

Jim

Important Information

By using this site, you agree to our Terms of Use.