Create Layer Break Position Options.

bbanderic

Hi,

I'm using the newest version of ImgBurn to burn VIDEO_TS files to Verbatim DVD+R DL. When I get to the "Create Layer Break Position" step, I get 5 options. One option (my best) has a gold star (good) With "NO" in the SPLIP column. The other 4 options have a silver star (average) next to them with "YES" in the SPLIP column. My problem is that the best option (gold star, good) I have, according to ImgBurn, doesn't place the layer break in an ideal position as far as playback goes. The DVD I'm trying to burn is a concert DVD and the layer break would be in the middle of a song (chapter). All of the 4 other options would place the layer break at the beginning of a song (chapter) which would be ideal. I don't know how to save a screenshot in ImgBurn but here are the options I'm looking at:

1) silver star - padding (643543), % 50/50 - SPLIP (YES)

2) gold star - padding (5), % 50/50 - SPLIP (NO)

3) silver star - padding (12), % 55/45 - SPLIP (YES)

4) silver star - padding (1), % 59/41 - SPLIP (YES)

5) silver star - padding (6), % 63/37 - SPLIP (YES)

My question is would it create problems during playback if I chose one of the lesser options according to ImgBurn (silver star, average) with "YES" in the SPLIP column? And what does SPLIP mean?

Any help would be greatly appreciated.

Thanks,

Jon

Edited by bbanderic

#2 was the LB on the original DVD. Might be best to leave it there.

Regards

This isn't a copy of a DVD, these are video_ts files from a torrent, I don't think a layer break flag was added by the seeder, I could be wrong though. Thanks for the replies.

just wondering, do you think it would be right to help people who are pirating dvd's and provide info on how to break copyright protection considering that DVDD was closed down and the author arrested for exactly that, nobody is looking for that to happen to IMGburn or LUK again and so we avoid those subjects , besides his question was answered before his torrent post

just wondering, do you think it would be right to help people who are pirating dvd's and provide info on how to break copyright protection considering that DVDD was closed down and the author arrested for exactly that, nobody is looking for that to happen to IMGburn or LUK again and so we avoid those subjects , besides his question was answered before his torrent post

First off, your wrong, I'm not pirating DVD's. The video-ts files NEVER contained any copyright protection as this is not material that was released commercially EVER.

I understand peoples sensitivity to the subject of torrent files as I don't want to see anything happen to ImgBurn or LUK either. My apologies if I offended anyone.

Important Information

By using this site, you agree to our Terms of Use.