change double click action

Juchemjo

First of all I'm very happy with your small and powerfull tool, but one feature is bothering me increasingly.

After a double click on a drive with an inserted disc imgburn is startet. I just want to open the disc and/or the folder and don't wish to start imgburn. For sure there's a aimple solution for this topic but I can't find a way to change it.

Please help!

This ist also not an autostart problem.

There's  no autostart action activated. I can insert any disc into any drive and nothing happens becausecI deactivated the autostart action. Even if I change the autostart action in windows the behaviour after a double click stays the same abd of course it came with the installation of imgburn because before there was no possibility to start imgburn. So by installing imgburn some settings were changed but I can't find the right one to move back.

I had to change a Registry setting to disable double clicking starting any application.  So, you may not want to do that as any double clicking on an optical drive will only open Windows/File Explorer and nothing else.  This may not be the solution for you.  And you may not be comfortable editing Registry keys because you can really cause a lot of damage if you don't know what you're doing.

ImgBurn doesn't *make* the OS do anything when you insert a disc or double click the drive. Double clicking just makes it perform the default action. The default action can be seen by right clicking - it's the one in bold.

ImgBurn adds itself as an option for various autoplay related things, but you're meant to decide (within OS's autplay config) which one it actually performs.

Which OS are you running?

Important Information

By using this site, you agree to our Terms of Use.