What To Use? pgcedit, Folder2iso or IMGTOOL CLASSIC

marsbarbabe

Hello,

Not used ImgBurn yet - but stumbled upon this site whilst looking for best and easiest way to burn a DL DVD-R.

I understand lightening's nice app can only burn an iso (and I will in future rip DVDs as an iso). BUT for the time being I have my DVD9 film in VIDEO_TS and AUDIO_TS folders.

After looking through the posts on this forum I have seen no less than THREE different apps mentioned to convert my 'folders' into a suitable .iso

Which one of these three is recommended and is most likely to work with ImgBurn?

I have a pioneer 110D drive and Verbatim DL DVD-Rs

Oh and btw is ImgBurn likely to burn DVD folders in the future?

Thanks.

MBB

PS - Glad to see your still 'out n about' helping the world Lightning UK! :wub:

folder 2 iso would not be suited to this task, as you wil only end up with a dvd rom iso that when burnt, would probably not play in your dvd player, unless your dvd player has a folder option and can play unauthored dvds, though technically they have been authored, but your dvd player would have to be able to play from folders as a couple of mine can. So your best bet would be to use either what cornholio7 or l8nights said

Edited by dontasciime

PgcEdit uses the same engine (mkisofs) as ImgToolClassic - which IMHO has always been the best way to go.

PgcEdit enables you to leave 32k gaps between small titlesets, which can be a benefit if the IFO gets damaged.

Regards

Important Information

By using this site, you agree to our Terms of Use.