Child windows (such as the log window) spawn off screen if windows 10 scaling over 100%

blathersbugs

If the windows 10 display scaling  is set to over 100%, child windows such as the log window can spawn off screen.  I believe that scaling is not being taken into account when calculating window position.  You might be able to spawn the window at the middle of the screen as a work around.  The problem exhibited on a 4k tv at 300% scaling (default) and it was still off screen when the scaling was set to 175%, which is the smallest readable scaling for me.  I was able to find the log window and drag it to the middle of the screen when I set the scaling to 100% temporarily.  The window stays on a visible section of the screen once I have moved it manually, even if i mess with scaling again, leading me to believe that windows 10 is now handling that itself.

That's true, I don't have bad eye sight :)

The first time you run the program, the main window should be top/middle and the log should be bottom/middle.

After that, the location (top left corner) gets saved in the registry and used each time you load it again. So if you change resolutions, scaling etc, that could cause a problem as its 'old' location may no longer be the optimal one.

If you're saying it doesn't work correctly on a totally clean install (so no HKCU\Software\ImgBurn reg key), that might be something I can look at fixing.

Important Information

By using this site, you agree to our Terms of Use.