I dont have transcend setting in booktype options?

mihajlo

2 hours ago, dbminter said:

Try Googling the model "name."  Search for something like "Who makes" model name.

I googled and transcend shows but there isnt such an option. But nevermind i succesfully burned and its playing for PS2. I guess ImgBurn automatically managed to booktype DVD+R DL to DVD-ROM even if i didnt select anything.

If the Booktype wasn't successfully set, there would probably be a listing in the Log window that it tried but failed to do so.  Usually some kind of warning like "Invalid operation code."  At least, that's what it says on my LG WH16NS60 when it tries to set the Booktype, but fails.  Since that drive apparently doesn't support setting Booktype.

Most PS2 games aren't double layer DVD's.  Very few were actually released.  And, as far as I knew, very few mod chips supported DVD+R DL copies.

18 hours ago, dbminter said:

If the Booktype wasn't successfully set, there would probably be a listing in the Log window that it tried but failed to do so.  Usually some kind of warning like "Invalid operation code."  At least, that's what it says on my LG WH16NS60 when it tries to set the Booktype, but fails.  Since that drive apparently doesn't support setting Booktype.

Most PS2 games aren't double layer DVD's.  Very few were actually released.  And, as far as I knew, very few mod chips supported DVD+R DL copies.

i know, it also said to me that "invalid operation code" message, but game is working, i used DVD+R DL because i burned God of War which is approximately 6GB which cant fit on single layer disc. I am using Free MCBoot on PS2 and double layer disc is working, i guess double layer disc is working on PS2 v7 and above, i have v10 so maybe thats why is it working.

It's not the PS2 system that matters.  It was the modification method used to play discs.  Back in 2002, when I last checked, mod chips didn't support DL copies.  But, of course, that was 17 years ago, so things can have advanced since then, naturally.

3 hours ago, dbminter said:

It's not the PS2 system that matters.  It was the modification method used to play discs.  Back in 2002, when I last checked, mod chips didn't support DL copies.  But, of course, that was 17 years ago, so things can have advanced since then, naturally.

I dont use any type of modchip, i softmodded my system, not hard mod. I just needed to patch the iso and then burn it, i did that and everything works.

Edited by mihajlo

Important Information

By using this site, you agree to our Terms of Use.