Life span of media

Clavius

Hi,

does anybody have an idea what life span I can expect from a decent burn (low pipo, jitter, etc) on a decent media (Verbatim DVD+R DL, for example)?

I'm aware that the manufacturers claim up to 100 years.

But I read in a magazine, that even with proper handling (storage in the dark, medium temperature and humidity, only touching at the edge, etc) that one cannot expect much more than 5 years on the average.

I would find that a bit too short.

What do you think?

Clavius

I too have some burned cds that have been banging about in my truck for 6 years

The Best of Culture Club? =))

Sorry. Couldn't resist. ;)

:lol: Great I just laughed out loud again at work ! I was thinking that Grain might have some Elton John in the back of his cab.....

I don't know what your laughing at LFC, you still have my Boy George tea cozy collection you borrowed to pretend was yours to show your mates at that "party" you held.

<edited and deleted due to filth overload>

What a buncha bastards they are, Grain. I think it's disgusting that we, as a forum, can't be a little more mature. We are supposed to be a group of adults here and, whatever they think, I'll stick by you, mate. It is not our place to comment or ridicule......... even if you do enjoy watching a screaming homosexual running around in a dress.

;)

Despite me just being just 20 years old, you guys do tend to be childish somtimes, like now. This is probably the only thread so far that has made me lol =)). I bet the people next to me were thinking I was a little bit crazy :wacko:.

[edit] I forgot to add I am a seventies and eighties music fan, and I have about 40 - 50 CDs of it.[/edit]

Edited by JasonFriday13

To each his own. I've never complained about your pics with that sheep wearing that little red bow Shamus, and I too will "fight for your right to party".

The photos prove nothing. That pretty red bow. Those big brown, innocent eyes. Those sheepish looks. The way she chewed with her mouth open. The way she said "Baaaa". What guy wouldn't be turned on?

Important Information

By using this site, you agree to our Terms of Use.