Program stands still....

magmadrag

Well, today I justd installed my new BluRay-Recorder (Pioneer BDR-209EBK)

So burning starts and works. As I always choose the option "verify", during the burning process there is reached the point "Cycling Tray before Verify..." and at this point of the process nothing else happens. What means: The drive doesn't open for cycling - at least not during the first five minutes - altough it worked fine before with other drives.

What I did so far: uninstalling and new installing of ImgBurn

When this happened for the first time, before I un- and reinstalled, I simply killed the program. The only confusing thing then was that altough I killed the program, it's process still was running and I had no access to the drive. So I had to kill the process, too, and the result was a well burnt BluRay.

But as I am used to use verify (easier than to check every disc in the BluRay-Player first), I would appreciate support what goes wrong and how I could change this!

Thanks in advance!

Next time you burn, press the F8 key before the point where it cycles the tray. That'll enable I/O debug mode (confirm it via the Log window) and more will be added to the log.

Once it's stuck, save the log and upload it here on the forum please.

Maybe you rebooted your machine?

There's no reason for it to get stuck where it did.... it would have been due to something outside of ImgBurn, but a bit more info (in the form of a debug enabled log) would have helped me to help you figure out what it might be.

Hopefully it stays working ok for you now.

I rebooted several times already yesterday but nothing changed. Then I had to as I even couldn't kill the process of ImgBurn...

But there might be kind of a windows-reason: Yesteraday I only rebooted, when I was done, I drove down the system. Maybe driving down and reboot causes different actions? WHo knows.. but as long as the problem is solved, I don't care anymore before it happens the next time :-)

Important Information

By using this site, you agree to our Terms of Use.