Dual Layer.. again

keshava

Hi

i have scoured forums, google etc

firmware up to date, crap media i know but i have done succesfully b4, maybe bad iso, dead drive?

this is the log file

iblog.jpg

Also when i check iso i get "failed to get layer break information from ifo data" error

kind regards

peter

Edited by keshava

Simple, don't use anything except Verbatim DVD+R DL media for double layer burning.

Getting layer break info from the IFO's is bound to fail - you're not burning a double layer DVD Video disc.

thanks for the super quick reply. Could have been irc!

That 'user specified L0 data zone capacity' is basically the position of the layer break when you fix it in the settings.

There would have been a .DVD that went with that ISO file and keshava should have loaded that instead.

The layer break options in the settings should be left on 'calculate optimal' - regardless of what he/she has read elsewhere! That info was based on an older version of ImgBurn that didn't support reading the layer break position from the .DVD file.

The layer break options in the settings should be left on 'calculate optimal' - regardless of what he/she has read elsewhere! That info was based on an older version of ImgBurn that didn't support reading the layer break position from the .DVD file.

Sorry for maybe silly question, is that means, the layer break options in the settings should be left on 'calculate optimal' always ?

Even through I'll burn ISO image (DVD-Video) without .mds ?

Where in this case will be layer break ?

Thanks.

Now I've looked once again in the guides section:(sorry for retelling)

How to burn an image with ImgBurn

1. Load ImgBurn

2. Switch to 'Write' mode (Click the 'Mode' menu at the top and select 'Write').

3. Insert blank CD/DVD (depending on image size!)

4. Select a file to write by clicking on the 'Browse for file' button.

5. Click the big 'Write' button.

6. Wait a while zzzzz.....

Finished!

As I've understood, ImgBurn suggests a LB-options in the 'Build mode' only.

Thanks.

If it's a double layer dvd video image it'll show you an almost identical layer break selection window to the one Build mode displays.

Because you're working with an image though, it's impossible for ImgBurn to make changes to the physical position of the files within it - hence you have less options and if the image wasn't built with a layer break in mind, you'll be lucky if the program is able to find a potential layer break at all.

If it's not a dvd video disc, you should not just be burning an ISO whilst expecting the layer break to be in a certain place. What happened to the original MDS/DVD file that contained the layer break position?

You use 'User Specified' when you know what you're doing and can remember when to enable it and when to disable it. If you get it wrong you run the risk of creating a disc that your player won't play.

Thanks!

I was afraid, when I've read your:

"That info was based on an older version of ImgBurn that didn't support reading the layer break position from the .DVD file."

I've thought, you plan to remove this options in the new version.

Important Information

By using this site, you agree to our Terms of Use.