Help urgent please

xenon Productions

First i like to say i have enjoyed using this for years as a main program \

But a strange thing has developed and it cost me so many disc as i made the copies and just sent them out 

what happening is the copies are not showing a fault in the process and it showes finalised

but they simply dont run 

looking at a copied disc in explore it shows nothing  no files yetthe disc has the files on them \\

the crazy part is burning a dvd is good but not any blu-ray disc \

Edited by xenon Productions

THE STRANGE THING THE LOG SHOWS NOTHING UNUSUAL 

but will post \

the other strange thing once a bluray is burnt it showes in explorer only once and it shows its runable \but if one opens the drive and shuts it again  then is nohing on the disc \\

and it cant be palyed by any installed player \

the problem is its costing to much to keep trying 

other burner programs work and dont give this problem 

DVDfab of good but so bloody slow as it has to copy the disc back to the hard drive first  then it uses a real slow speed 

Edited by xenon Productions

One possibility is a BD drive has 2 lasers.  One burns CD and DVD and the other burns BD.  What may have happened is the BD laser has died, but the DVD laser is still working properly.  I've seen both cases where on a BD drive, DVD burned fine but BD didn't and BD burned fine but DVD didn't.  Which meant one of the two lasers had died.  Maybe that's what has happened in your situation, since you say DVD is fine but BD is not.

I also see your BD discs are Ritek.  I'd agree with Ch3vr0n that could be the problem.  It could also explain why DVD works fine but BD isn't because the DVD's may not be Riteks.  Try using Verbatim BD and see if you have better results.

I also see you're using a Pioneer BDR-212.  My 212 died a few weeks after I got it, which indicates to me, it's the typical junk Pioneer makes now.

I'd be willing to bet that even though DVDFab finishes, the discs aren't good.  Just because a burn finishes doesn't mean it finished correctly.  Have you actually tried playing ALL the content from one of these DVDFab discs to make sure?

Another thing DVDFab isn't doing that ImgBurn might be is it might be failing at Verify on ImgBurn.  Discs can complete writes but still be unreadable.  That's why I'd be interested to see an actual read test from a DVDFab disc that completes.  Load ImgBurn in Read mode on one of these DVDFab discs and see if you get read errors.

I would lean more and more towards trying Verbatim BD over Ritek's.  See if you have better results.

look fellows burning is nothing new to me and i know about disc batches 

but consider this   every disc i burn now on DVDfab will run on explorer and and on a player without a problem 

every disc i burn on imburn now will not show on explorer the drice light to the burner stays alight in tring to find the start 

the disc will play on a normal player but they are either good or with problems to much a hit and miss  some dont even start 

the batch cant be bad or defective if it record on DVDfab 

so there must be somthing no one has stumbled on as yet

imburn showes it doing its job and no errors yet in the veriforcation there are  , that must be a clue to someong surley 

4 hours ago, xenon Productions said:

look fellows burning is nothing new to me and i know about disc batches 

but consider this   every disc i burn now on DVDfab will run on explorer and and on a player without a problem 

every disc i burn on imburn now will not show on explorer the drice light to the burner stays alight in tring to find the start 

the disc will play on a normal player but they are either good or with problems to much a hit and miss  some dont even start 

the batch cant be bad or defective if it record on DVDfab 

so there must be somthing no one has stumbled on as yet

imburn showes it doing its job and no errors yet in the veriforcation there are  , that must be a clue to someong surley 

Do yourself a favor and download either trial of PowerISO or UltraISO (PowerISO is superior) it will burn anything you will throw at it, no cheep excuse to blame on media and If you like it purchase it, Its $29 and updated every 2-5 months.

I have Fuji, Verbatim, cheap Ritek and none failed if you use good burning software. ImgBurn used to be superior, but its whey dated lacks all sorts of fixes, I don’t know why anyone would use 8 years dated software.

Sadly, ImgBurn has changed, aged and got worse, due to a simple fact that we are in almost 2021. We went through # of different OS with many major fundamental changes, and using software that was last modified in 2013 in XP era, its not the smart move, no offense to anyone.

On the surface ImgBurn works, but along the way you will waist a few good disks and hit the wall here and there and excuse will be the same.

Edited by AWKJ

And now try again without the caps. That said you said you wanted to do a full drive backup. Now you say movies, which is it? Anyway if you want to turn your folders into iso's that is something imgburn can do. It's infact one of the main buttons when you start the program.

Sent from my Pixel 3 XL using Tapatalk

6 hours ago, AWKJ said:

Do yourself a favor and download either trial of PowerISO or UltraISO (PowerISO is superior) it will burn anything you will throw at it, no cheep excuse to blame on media and If you like it purchase it, Its $29 and updated every 2-5 months.

I have Fuji, Verbatim, cheap Ritek and none failed if you use good burning software. ImgBurn used to be superior, but its whey dated lacks all sorts of fixes, I don’t know why anyone would use 8 years dated software.

Sadly, ImgBurn has changed, aged and got worse, due to a simple fact that we are in almost 2021. We went through # of different OS with many major fundamental changes, and using software that was last modified in 2013 in XP era, its not the smart move, no offense to anyone.

On the surface ImgBurn works, but along the way you will waist a few good disks and hit the wall here and there and excuse will be the same.

Do yourself a favour and mind your own business.

You clearly have no clue about anything and you're talking utter nonsense.

Does your hdd stop working when you move (upgrade) between OS's? No, because that's not how they work. Optical drives are the same. The software sends data to the drive, it's down to the drive and its firmware to perform / control the actual writing. That's why firmware updates exists and they usually all say they improve support for xyz media. No software has ever said that (beyond basic support for new media types - CD, DVD, HD DVD, BD)

His discs are unreadable because the drive did a bad job of burning them (at 'MAX' speed - which is 12x in this case). A slower speed may produce better results. Perhaps that's what DVDFab is doing by default any why he's saying it takes ages when he uses DVDFab. If fast doesn't work and slow does, use slow.

sorry about the caps  did not atke any notice of it before 

the question why all of a sudden should this happen as its been working well up to this point of time

nothing change the movies are all the same the burner was cahnge 3 mths ago 

the mother boards and ram were updated and running at the correct speed 

imburn is the same 

the disc are the same 

i tried a differnt brand got one from BigW  

same result 

this is my point 

og lets look at the burner is this a way to change anythong related to that , sofware or installaion 

it shows in the bois and control pannel as working no problems 

iv double the amount of ram so thats out \

i will lower the burn rate tomorrow  to the lowerst setting just for the test 

There an option in the settings that may or may not help. It's called 'Perform OPC before write' and asks the drive to try and calibrate the laser power based on its own findings of the media in the tray rather than what it thinks should be used for the MID of the disc (hard coded in firmware).

Beyond that, I have no clue. There's nothing I can do (even on purpose) to make your drive burn badly, it just doesn't work like that.

Again though, this isn't fixing ImgBurn - it hasn't changed or gotten worse. It's a potential work around for something not being quite right with other things. The option makes things worse for some people and better for others. The default is off.

Important Information

By using this site, you agree to our Terms of Use.