The best DVD ripper

connnnnny

What do you think is the best DVD ripper? For DVD rippers that I have used, Handbrake, Makemkv, Imgburn, TunesKit Video Converter, I think the last two ones are better. One for video and one for the image. They are both fast. What about you? Share your experience and the pros and cons of them!

DVDFab is a very nice software which allows you ripping from any kind of DVD Video or Blu-Ray with any DRM / copy protection. Also it allows you to copy them and if you would like to shrink a video DVD9 to DVD5, then it will do the job by recoding it for you (mostly decreasing the bitrate I guess).

Have a try. :) The only thing it's pretty expensive.  Handbrake is a very nice (and Freeware!) tool too and becomes really great in combination with AnyDVD or something else.

Edited by UED

• 8 months later...
On 10/27/2020 at 10:24 PM, Ch3vr0n said:

Dvdfab nice? It's overcomplicated expensive crap, and no better than nero or norton of you ask me.

Anydvd+CloneBD+CloneDVD2: lean, mean disc backup machine.

Sent from my Pixel 3 XL using Tapatalk

@Ch3vr0n OK... first sorry for the very delayed answer, didn't notice this post earlier.

I don't know how you can tell DVDFab is just "crap". It is a pretty mighty solution to rip DRM-protected Blu-Ray (incl. 4K). I had never a Blu-Ray which isn't supported by it. And it's not really overcomplicated, it has a lot of functions, but since it is very intuitive with it's modular menu system, you can figure out anything in about 5 minutes.

I'm aware that most of the ripping guys are using AnyDVD plus CloneDVD/BD since those programs are very nice and mighty too, but it's not fair to say that DVDFab ist just bullshit and for the garbage bin because it's expensive. By the way it is only slightly more expensive than the not really cheap collection containing AnyDVD and CloneDVD/BD. The modular-based DVDFab program has a lot of of moduls/functions which you just don't need to rip mediums and you don't need to buy them. The regular price (without offers and offs) is something around 200-300 euros and the AnyDVD-collection is almost 200 euro.

I'm wondering too why you throw in "Nero". Nero is whole different thing and great for burning anything. While Nero can convert any video files nice to DVD and Blu-Ray, it is not very known for ripping them (afaik doable with the Recode-function).

Edited by UED

Important Information

By using this site, you agree to our Terms of Use.