Help with Workflow for Multi-Track BD-Rs

ckelly33

Is there a step-by-step for the build process requested when trying to rip a multi-track BD-R to .iso?  After days of going at it on my own, I decided to raise the white flag and ask.  My discs are home videos produced and burned with PowerDirector in Windows 10 so no encryption, etc.

Thanks for any direction you can give!

I guess I wasn't clear.  I AM able to mount the disc and get it started but once it starts, I get read errors "Data error: (cyclic redundancy check)"

Having never done this method, I thought I might have been doing something wrong.

I'm not sure what that is - is there any way to bypass or workaround this error? (the disc is clean and playable and I have a duplicate of every disc and get the same error)

Are you getting CRC (cyclic redundancy check) errors on the reading or writing portion?  If you're getting CRC checks on the reading portion, then you've got either a problem with the disc source you're trying to copy or a problem with the hard drive you're making this ISO file to.  If you get CRC checks on the writing portion or Verify portion, you're probably using cheap media.  We'd need to see the Log output of the Write operation to tell that.

Cheap media could also be the reason for CRC checks on reading from a disc.

It's on the read portion.  I typically back up to a second disc when I burn (which I try to make a differing brand to the first disc).  I've tried the process to multiple hard drives so I'm left with BOTH of these may not be the best media.

I figured if they'd play, they could be read and archived as an iso (or folder)

Yeah, it's things you only learn over time with experience.  Just because a disc completes write doesn't mean it completed it correctly.  Cheap media may appear to work but you may later encounter read errors or, over time, the disc dies sooner, like within a year, than it would normally.

Now, I'm not familiar with Blu-Ray video recorders, but your device may actually make CRC's as part of how it writes.  It shouldn't, but you never know.  It is a bit unusual these discs play but throw up CRC errors when you attempt to read them on a PC drive.  However, stand alone playback devices are more forgiving of errors versus a PC drive. 

If you can, try reading these discs with a different BD drive on your PC.  Like maybe a USB BD drive.  It could just be your PC BD drive doesn't like that kind of media used.  A different drive may have better compatibility with that kind of media.

Another thing you can try.  Have you tried copying the contents from one these BD discs in File Explorer to a temporary location on a hard drive?  IF you still get errors or are unable to complete the copy for CRC's or other reasons, then the problem lies with either the discs or the drive or a combination of both.  If you CAN copy the contents to HDD, then repeat the Guide steps, but use the folders from the HDD instead of from the discs themselves.  I believe, though, the problem is a read one, reading from the discs, and, therefore, predict the copying to HDD will fail, too.

Please try the following...

Tools -> Settings -> 'Read' tab -> Page 2 -> Disc Layout Method -> Change 'Blu-ray' to 3-1-2.

Then try using Read mode to read the disc again.

ImgBurn will be in control of read then and not the OS, meaning you can perform more retries / skip bad sectors etc.

Post the log when you hit a problem spot, have retried a few times and are about to give up (if it comes to that).

Important Information

By using this site, you agree to our Terms of Use.