Can't post in my can't post thread, nor the other now

Muse

I could try my other laptop. I have another very similar laptop that is pretty much interchangeable with this one. I'm probably going to go back to sleep now, though. It's around noon where you are but here it's 4AM! Thanks for the help!

Um, when I get those threads working again, your asking me to post the log. I'm unfamiliar with that. It's a file under the Imgburn install? Am I to attach it or copy/paste its content? Will it cover only recent action(s) or over a period of time?

Edited by Muse

Ah, so I swapped machines, I'm on my sort-of-clone of my other machine on which I was having the problem. I CANNOT access our first thread together, but can access this one, that is in order to reply. Hmm... does it have to do with my account in this forum? I have a desktop I could try...

As mentioned in your other thread, when you run into the situation where you can't get the 'reply' box to come up properly, try pressing F12 and see if anything is written in the 'console' tab of the developer tools.

Other things to try...

Close your browser down and reopen it.

Log out and log in again

Clear your browser's cache / cookies.

Best option is to log out, clear cache, close browser, reopen browser, log in again.

I can post here, I cannot post in my original thread or the thread complaining I can't post in my thread! But here I can. LIGHTNING, you said:

You may need to open up the developer tools (press F12) and see if you're running into errors when you click your mouse in the reply box.

Well, I opened the developer tools, tried to post, the same behavior happened (a second after clicking, the reply window did not stay open and I couldn't post anything, much less type anything in it). I have no idea how to interpret what's going on in the developer tools.

So what is the reply windows doing exactly?

Does it expand when you click it....even if only for a second? But then it goes back to the one line version?

Any chance you can take a screenshot (or a video) of it doing it? There must be something funny going on.

Thanks, I'll try that (I mean the clearing cache, cookies, etc. suggestion, I hadn't seen your post about screen shots or video... don't know how to grab a second or two of video, what's the means to do that?). This seems to be the only thread I can reply to ATM. Seems odd to me. Anyway, have you had a chance to look at my Imgburn log I attached to a post earlier today in the thread about not being able to analyze CDs? 

Edited by Muse

Important Information

By using this site, you agree to our Terms of Use.