Blu-Ray Disc Won’t Play

num1cboysfn

I’ve tried to put an mp4 on a blu ray to play in a blu ray player and the files are there but it will not play on my player.  It says there are no files on the discs.  You can see they are there and they play on a computer but in the player.  Unfortunately the log got erased.  I really don’t want to waste another disc to get a log but if i have to i will.  I don’t know what I’m doing wrong.  Any help would be appreciated 

Depends.  Does your Blu-Ray player support playing container files like MP4 natively from a disc like a Blu-Ray?  If it doesn't support native playing of containing files, that's why it doesn't work.  If it doesn't, you can't put an MP4 on a disc and get it to play from the disc.  You'd need to convert the MP4 to Blu-Ray Movie format.

Unfortunately, Blu-Ray conversion is not my area of expertise, unlike DVD conversion.  However, I use a piece of software called ConvertXToDVD and VSO Software, which makes it, makes something, I believe, called ConvertXToHD.  I believe this achieves the same function of ConvertXToDVD to DVD for conversion of containers to Blu-Ray.  So, do a little research into that software.

There may be free utilities that do the same thing.  I know there were for DVD, but they were slower and produced much less quality results, as well as several usage problems.

Be aware ConvertXToHD is paid software, but it probably has an uncrippled trial version for 7 days like ConvertXToDVD had.

• 2 months later...

Important Information

By using this site, you agree to our Terms of Use.