Verify after read/rip to image file

X7kHZwS

Forgive me if this is already a feature, but I'd love to be able to select an option to automatically verify the image I just created against the disc. 

I don't even know if this is truly necessary since I don't know how ImgBurn works internally, but it would give me (and likely others) some assurance. Thanks for reading!

By your feature request, do you mean check the image in Read mode of an existing disc you just made against the contents of the disc?  If so, no, that isn't available.  You'd have to manually do a comparison in Verify mode.  If you mean after writing an image to a disc in Write mode to check the image file against the disc you just burned, then, yes, this feature is already available.  In Write mode, there's a check box that says Verify.

I mean verifying the disc has been ripped correctly. It would be using Read mode because it's dumping the contents of the disc, but then it would verify (much like how the Verify mode works), except do it automatically immediately after the rip is completed.

Technically, ImgBurn does no ripping.  Ripping is generally a term reserved for copy protected discs and ImgBurn won't read those to image files.  Or ripping the tracks of an Audio CD to a container file.  If you just mean reading an unprotected disc to an image file, then, as I said, ImgBurn doesn't check against the file contents automatically for the image file created.  In the meantime, until/unless that feature is implemented, you'll have to use the Verify mode manually, load the image you just created, and load the disc back in for comparison again, and make sure the Verify Against Image File box is checked.  But, you seem to already know about Verify manual mode.

Important Information

By using this site, you agree to our Terms of Use.