I should have selected the MDS file... in Build Mode?

dbminter

I'm not sure this is a bug, but given what I believe, I think it is.

I was creating an image file in Build mode that was like 99% filling to a DVD-R.  (Well, the Disc Layout Editor said it was 99%.  Information said 100% with free space a little over 720K.  So, that may be a bug in its own right.)  Right at the end of the actual Build, ImgBurn tells me something I'd never seen before:  "You should have selected the MDS file and not this one.  I'll do it for you automatically this time, but don't do it again!"

As I said, I don't know if that's a bug, but that kind of error I'd have expected on loading an image file for Writing instead of during Building an ISO.

Thanks!

Screenshot 2021-06-07 075727.jpg

I had wondered if that might be the cause.  I do have that enabled.

Should ImgBurn, though, be smart enough to know if you're generating MDS and DVD files along with the ISO based on the user options and load by itself the MDS or DVD file instead of the generated ISO?

On quick examination of the code, if the program thinks it has made a layout file (CUE/DVD/MDS etc), it'll use that file when loading into the Write mode queue - so you should not be seeing the message you're seeing.

Do you always output to the same folder / file name? Your issue may arise if using the same output folder and file name - whereby one build HAS made a layout file but a subsequent one hasn't (the files from the previous build still exist).

Write mode checks for the existence of a CUE/DVD/MDS file with the same name as the file you've loaded and then displays the message you're seeing if it finds one.

I do always use the same output folder and file name.

This issue never arose before when I was using file splitting.  It was only after I turned off file splitting to get single ISO files that it started..  Another factor that I haven't quite fully tested yet is sometimes the output folder is empty and sometimes it isn't.  It appears, though I haven't determined it if is yet, when the output folder is empty, this does happen, though I don't know why that would matter.

When using file splitting, it would be making a layout file. As it then knows it's made one, it would load it.

You're in a situation where no layout file has been made, but one exists... therefore you run into the situation where ImgBurn basically tells you off for loading the wrong file.

I could perhaps silence the prompt when it knows no layout file has been created but one with the correct name (as per the built in checks) exists.

Important Information

By using this site, you agree to our Terms of Use.