File naming

Hakstone

It already uses the name of a (data) disc for exactly that.

I expect the problem you’re having is that you’re taking an image of an audio cd, which don’t actually have names.

For those discs, it would involve querying some sort of online database.

I was just going to say the same thing.  I think most, if not all, Audio CD's don't have disc labels.  Though it can't be done automatically, you could change the name of the target save file to, say, Beatles, and the appropriate extension for it and any extra files you're generating along with the image will have that name.

Audio CD's are unique beasts.  They were created like a decade before CD's started being used for data in PC's.  So, they're proprietary hardware with a proprietary format on them that the CD player reads.  PC's were later made to play audio CD's as part of the CD process as a selling point for the hardware.  Data CD's, with disc labels, came along later.  This is why you need unique software for ripping tracks off of audio CD's.  It needs a specialized translating layer between the hardware and the "software" (the audio CD) to convert the raw data the CD can read into a container format.

Important Information

By using this site, you agree to our Terms of Use.