Something wrong with the board?

dbminter

Is there something wrong with the board right now?  Unread Contents is displaying a new message, but when I open it, instead of opening the latest post, it displays the first post.  And, even if I do do that, the forum still thinks it's an unread post.  Only if I actually open the page containing the last post does Unread Contents clear the post.

Thanks!

It isn't a feature of the board software that I use, so I don't know if it's working normally or not. I haven't updated the forum software in a few weeks, so if it's only just started happening in the last day or so, it's probably not that.

We got visited by a nice spamming bot the other day that private messaged every user on the board with an explicit link. I obviously put a stop to it as soon as I saw what was happening, and in doing so, all of those PMs got removed from the system. That might have caused some confusion with unread messages though.

I'd probably just mark the entire forum as Read, optionally clear cookies and see if it starts working normally again.

Important Information

By using this site, you agree to our Terms of Use.