imgburn setup file does not install

juane6

Do you have a splashkiller running? The theory behind them is they take splash screens and shove them elsewhere in memory - off the screen. Sometimes, the progs do not return gracefully, however.

Shut down everything that is not essential. ALL startup items, including stuff from the registry (use Start - Run - MSCONFIG for this) and reboot.

Good luck.

Regards

I am having exactly the same problem,i am running old version no problem,uninstalled old version and reinstalled old version with no problem,but when i go to install new version just dissapears and goes to prefatch file,i have even had a computer firm to come and have a look,he has disabled everything in processes running etc and still cannot get to install,he took away some kind of log and i am waiting to hear.

surely we cannot be the only 2 people with this problem :wub:

terwhip

are you saving the file to the desktop the same as Juane6 did ? or into a folder somewhere else within c drive , like My Docs ?

just so you can see its not a general problem, i just downloaded 2.1.0.0 from the ImgBurn link on the web site ( 6th mirror site in the list on download page) and installed it no problem .

no i downloaded into folder spec for img burn,when i install the exe file dissapears,when i search for imgburn file shows up as windows prefeth file,have downloaded onto my laptop and installed no problem,having said that i have downloaded other exe install programmes onto my pc with no problem and if i uninstall imgburn i can install old version exe imgburn no problem whatsoever,i suppose this is pcs for you,i am going to keep running old version until new version is released and hopefully that will install ok :wub:

no i downloaded into folder spec for img burn,when i install the exe file dissapears,when i search for imgburn file shows up as windows prefeth file,have downloaded onto my laptop and installed no problem,having said that i have downloaded other exe install programmes onto my pc with no problem and if i uninstall imgburn i can install old version exe imgburn no problem whatsoever,i suppose this is pcs for you,i am going to keep running old version until new version is released and hopefully that will install ok :wub:

having IB installed on your other computer should point to the computer it wont install to ,you should un install IMGburn before you install the new version and it will install to the same place.There are thousands of members who have installed it with no problem so is it a problem with the program I really doubt it. PC's will test your patience and dont you love it when things that make you crazy dissapear and all works right and you dont know why :/

If you installed it ok on your laptop, just copy the ImgBurn.exe from 'C:\Program Files\ImgBurn' over to your other PC that keeps deleting the installer. Then run ImgBurn.exe, reset to default settings and you're good to go.

You could actually find the reason for it being deleted by running FileMon from www.sysinternals.com and setting the filtering to 'SetupImgBurn_2.1.0.0.exe'. The log will then show programs that try and touch the file and what the file itself is doing. You can examine that log and see what's issuing the 'delete' call.

If you installed it ok on your laptop, just copy the ImgBurn.exe from 'C:\Program Files\ImgBurn' over to your other PC that keeps deleting the installer. Then run ImgBurn.exe, reset to default settings and you're good to go.

You could actually find the reason for it being deleted by running FileMon from www.sysinternals.com and setting the filtering to 'SetupImgBurn_2.1.0.0.exe'. The log will then show programs that try and touch the file and what the file itself is doing. You can examine that log and see what's issuing the 'delete' call.

Thanks for help,have copied from laptop to pc,updated ok

many thanks

Terwhip

Important Information

By using this site, you agree to our Terms of Use.