First DL burn

parboy

Just tried my first DL burn and have a quick question. Im using a liteon 1693s drive and ritek media. I purchased the media before reading about how terrible it was, so don't flame me too hard :( I promise to buy verbatim from now on though :) Anyway, I burned my backup using imgburn on all default settings. I did change the booktype to dvd-rom. The movie burned fine with no errors reported in the log. I viewed the movie on my home theater player, a zenith dvb318, and everything was great...untill the layer switch. Im assuming it was the layer switch anyway. It paused 3 times for about 10 seconds the first time, then maybe 5 seconds for the other 2, then played on just fine after that. Im just wondering if this is a problem I can fix with a setting or if it's just a result of the crap media?

Thanks in advance for any help guys!

I ripped it to the HD with dvdd in ISO read mode. I then burned at 2.4x speed with Imgburn by selecting the .mds file. All settings left alone on imgburn except for changing booktype to dvd-rom. I left the default layer change setting as well, which I believe was to place it in the optimal spot, or something along those lines.

Thanks again!

You already know that the Verbs are the best option for DL burns, have seen mixed results on the Ritek DLs depending on the dye being used. I will stick to Verb for all my DLs for a while yet.....

Oh where did you see the Verb DL printables ? :unsure:

Ok thanks - haven't seen them here in England yet but will keep an eye out for them. I was thinking the other day that it must be about time that these Verb DL's came down in price - guess that won't happen until a reliable alternative is available.... :(

Important Information

By using this site, you agree to our Terms of Use.