DVD Drive Label/Name

Handsome Prints

The software works flawlessly (thank you) but for the Label/Name shown under "Drive 1 - Info" in the log (and under Destination in the drop down menu) is identified as ÿÿÿÿÿÿÿÿ ÿÿÿÿÿÿÿÿÿÿÿÿÿÿÿÿ ÿÿÿÿ (D:) (ATA) instead of the name as per the device driver which is: HL-DT-ST DVDRAM GH24NSC0 ATA. Is this just a case of my DVD Drive not being in the software's library or is there perhaps a corrupt registry entry?

Thank you!!

Screenshot.jpg

I don’t even know how that’s possible?!

It’s not an issue I’ve seen before.

I’d say to enable I/O debug mode by pressing F8 and then scan for devices again (tools menu). Once the drive has been found and the log window settles down, turn off I/O debug mode again and save + upload the log for me to look at please.

For whatever reason, the response to the ‘inquiry’ command is corrupt. That’s where the name of the drive comes from.

Has it always done that on your system?

Try turning the machine off and on again.
Try removing the ide/ata controller from within device manager and rebooting.
Have a look at which filter drivers are installed ( option on the tools menu), maybe you have one that’s messing with the actual response from the drive.

Thank you. I haven't used the software for a couple of years, so I couldn't say, though it does strike me as vaguely familiar. No filter drivers are installed. I will try turning the machine off and on again as well as removing the ide/ata controller to see if that clears it up. I did find one other person with a similar problem on this forum, albeit 13 years ago, though no solution was mentioned:

https://forum.imgburn.com/index.php?/topic/12754-fomat-new-dvd/#comment-108010

I will post back with the results when I have a moment to reboot. Thank you again.

Edited by Handsome Prints

Important Information

By using this site, you agree to our Terms of Use.