CDRWIN standard "CDI" not recognized by ImgBurn in Cues

Seventy7

It's likely that ImgBurn will receive no more updates since it's been 9 years? Either way I love the app!

If there is an update, I'm hoping you would be open to adding support for mounting cue files that utilize "CDI" mode as defined in the CDRWIN CUE specifications (mmc3r10g specifications, page 223, Table 240 - Disc Type Byte Format). Essentially - adding support for this cue type:

FILE "track1.bin" BINARY
  TRACK 01 CDI/2352
    INDEX 01 00:00:00

This is the proper spec for Philips CD-i cue files. Currently such cue files need to be manually edited to replace "CDI" with "MODE2" to get them to burn. I was initially hesitant to make such a request because it admittedly IS an easy userside fix, but as a Philips CD-i afficionado I'm often seeing users complain that they can't burn their CD-i .bin files even though the "CDI" is proper for the cues to use in this instance, and there are thousands of Philips CD-i bin/cues out in the wild.

Thank you guys for this fantastic piece of software!

No problem, I can add support for that.

There are other fields that are meant to be set to a specific value when burning CD-I discs, and they wouldn't be set correctly even when you edit the CUE to say MODE2.

A proper fix will enable the software to set the 'session format' correctly when setting the write parameters.

• 1 month later...
On 5/23/2022 at 7:33 PM, LIGHTNING UK! said:

There are other fields that are meant to be set to a specific value when burning CD-I discs, and they wouldn't be set correctly even when you edit the CUE to say MODE2.

A proper fix will enable the software to set the 'session format' correctly when setting the write parameters.

Until this gets added, could you please share which parameters we need to change besides setting MODE2/2352 so we can successfully burn these images? Thank you.

• 2 weeks later...
On 5/23/2022 at 7:33 PM, LIGHTNING UK! said:

I cannot believe my eyes. For years now you actually talk and respond to people like you mean it and thinking people are idiots, what is wrong with you, are you for real?

Instead of telling people and be honest that you done further development, you making yourself look and sound absolutely terrible and I am been polite.

Whatever left respect I had for you Is absolutely gone, your word is absolutely worthless, you have no shame.

The day will come and words/hats will be eaten.

I messed around with the code basically as soon as I read the 'bug' report, but it then became 12:30AM and I had to call it night.

I'm not currently in a position to be able to test anything (I need such an image for a start), but once I have, the change will make it onto the changelog ready for the next release.

I'm sorry to say, but you are full of it and you have been for a long time now, no disrespect to you, but as I said, you'd be better of to call it quits as far is development rather then throwing absolutely empty useless words.

Just because there hasn't been a new release, doesn't mean development has stopped, all the beta testers know there is development, but you seem to know better.

When he's ready to release an update, you'll all get it.

I'm not trying to be rude or make anyone feel less worthy, but you guys are either very delusional or brainwashed. Similar was said almost 2 years ago and other nonsense years before that and here we go again

On 7/13/2022 at 5:27 AM, LIGHTNING UK! said:

The day will come and words/hats will be eaten

or

8 hours ago, cornholio7 said:

When he's ready to release an update, you'll all get it

or

1 hour ago, dbminter said:

I've been half tempted to post screen shots of the latest beta log window showing the version and the About screen just to put an end to this

Do any of you hear yourself and how you sound making those excuses....Its been 9 years........9 years listen the sound of it.

This is the most irrational  and self convincing comments  I have ever heard.

Useless and hollow words not to be even consider to take seriously after all this time of empty promises.

Edited by AWKJ

21 hours ago, Seventy7 said:

Not to step into fire, but I'm curious is there a target release date for the next public/stable version?

Keep up the great work 👍

That is a good one :lol: I hope you aren't as delusional as they are.

Good luck getting honest answer other then the same nonsense that they have been feeding everyone repeatedly for the past 9 years.

23 hours ago, AWKJ said:

When he's ready to release an update, you'll all get it

• 1 month later...
On 7/13/2022 at 1:27 AM, LIGHTNING UK! said:

The day will come and words/hats will be eaten.

I messed around with the code basically as soon as I read the 'bug' report, but it then became 12:30AM and I had to call it night.

I'm not currently in a position to be able to test anything (I need such an image for a start), but once I have, the change will make it onto the changelog ready for the next release.

Is there any way I could get a test version with CDI support? I’d be happy to provide feedback on it. 

• 4 months later...

Important Information

By using this site, you agree to our Terms of Use.