DVD Doble Capa MediaRange

Niki843

Hola!

¿Sabéis cómo debo grabar un DVD de doble capa en una grabadora Samsung Model SE-208 y con el IMGBurn versión 2.5.8.0?

No he tenido problemas con los Verbatim, pero he comprado una caja de MediaRange y me finaliza la grabación, pero cuando lo intento reproducir en el DVD me dice que no hay disco.

Por cierto, deciros que lo que intento grabar son "Video_TS" , o lo que es lo mismo DVD de vídeo.

Gracias y espero haya solución.

Hello!

Have you ever been able to grab a dual-cap DVD player with a Samsung Model SE-208 and with the IMGBurn version 2.5.8.0?

I did not have any problems with the Verbatim, but I bought a MediaRange box and finalized the grab, but when I tried to reproduce it on the DVD I said I had no disco.

For sure, they say that he intended to grab his "Video_TS", or that he has the same DVD video.

Thank you and hope you have a solution.

google translate gives me this, i assume the 'mediarange' disk is cmc ink and not good quality.

CMC is short for CMC Magnetics.  CMC makes the worst optical discs out there.  They're trash.  Over 50% of the problems seen on this board are usually caused by CMC media.  When people switch away from them, their problems generally disappear.  CMC, though, unfortunately, also owns Verbtaim and Taiyo Yuden, which offer some of the best discs out there.  Although Verbatim farms out to Mitsubishi, the good stuff, they also use CMC trash in their lines, too.

Unfortunately, you generally won't until after you buy them.  Reading product reviews can help, but generally most people don't post that kind of information in reviews; I do, though.  ;)  So, it's basically by trial and error.  What you do is you put a recordable disc in a PC drive and open ImgBurn in Write mode.  In the right hand pane of information, look for MID (Manufacturer ID.)  That string will generally tell you who made it, although those can be faked, of course.  If they say CMC, they're junk.  (MCC is not junk.) 

Forums like this one can also help.  Searching for an MID string found by ImgBurn can help you determine from other posts if the manufacturer is problematic or not.

There are some general rules of thumb.  Avoid the Verbatim Life Series.  (NOT the DataLife Plus series.  Those are MCC.)  They're CMC.  Avoid Philips as they're generally CMC.  Memorex uses a mixture of CMC, Ritek, and Mitsubishi (MCC.)  But, most Memorex stuff is CMC.  IF they're still around, avoid Optodisc.  They used to make a quality product and then they were my first exposure to CMC.

Also, if "DVD Doble Capa MediaRange" means DVD Double Layer, then you definitely don't want to use MediaRange.  There's only one brand of DVD+R DL that works and that is the Verbatim DataLife Plus MKM series.  NOT the Life Series, which will be CMC.  You can only find the DataLife Plus series in online stores like Amazon.com.

I have purchased a box of 50 "Verbatim 50 DVD+R DL Wide 8x Life Series". This box arrives to me next Tuesday.
I understand then that they are not used to record series and movies on them?

Edited by Niki843

Well, they SHOULDN'T be used.  Doesn't mean that they CAN'T.  Most times, they will fail to burn properly, but some drives are fine with CMC DVD+R DL discs insofar as they will complete a Write and pass Verify.  However, in the long term, CMC DVD+R DL won't last as long as MKM DVD+R DL and you'll probably encounter playback problems with the CMC DVD+R DL.

Important Information

By using this site, you agree to our Terms of Use.