ImgBurn for Windows 11

Keith Weisshar

Try it and see as I would guesstimate if it installs and starts up and sees your DVD burner, it will probably work.

you might need to change ImgBurn to use SPTI though... 'Tools > Settings > I/O', then select 'SPTI - Microsoft', then under 'SPTI Device Enumeration Method' you can tweak that a bit if you need to.

basically if you start up ImgBurn, which I think uses APSI by default, and it does not see your DVD burner, switching to SPTI will probably help. for the record... that's what I use on Linux Mint v20.3-Xfce is ImgBurn in SPTI mode as ASPI mode simply won't see any of my burners.

p.s. I never bothered with Windows 11 given the requirements stop it from officially running on too much hardware which is why I think that OS will ultimately fail. besides, if the pattern from Microsoft holds (which has held true since Win98 to date... Win98(good),WinME(bad),WinXP(good),WinVista(bad),Win7(good),Win8(bad),Win10(good),Win11(bad(?)), Windows 11 is part of the 'bad' cycle. I doubt it will see wide adoption like Windows 10 has given it seems you got to have hardware within about the last 5 years or so tops for it to work, which officially stops too much hardware from running it. just on a personal level... I have used pretty much all of the Microsoft OS's from Win v3.11 to date with the exception of Win8 and Win11. I tried Win8 initially in a virtual machine but it's interface was horrible so I never bothered with it again (sure, they fixed it later, but by then the damage was done, it was doomed as people just stuck with Win7 or went to Win10). also, I omitted Win2000 because while that was basically the first stable OS from Microsoft that the average person could use on their computer (I used it myself at one point at home), it was not targeted at the common person, so WinXP was basically the first stable OS from Microsoft marketed towards the common person (which you might as well say is about when computers were more mainstream as WinXP was 2001 but I would say computers in general started to take off probably in that 1998-2000 range. for measure... high speed internet (cable) was first in my area in the year 2000). because before the Win2k/WinXP days, people had to reboot a lot more often etc.

Edited by ThaCrip

I've been using ImgBurn on it ever since Windows 11 came out.  However, my Windows 11 setup was an upgrade from Windows 10, where ImgBurn had previously been installed.  I have no experience installing ImgBurn on a virgin Windows 11 installation.

But, to put it into perspective, I've got a piece of software from 2002 that still runs on Windows 11.  :)

2 hours ago, dbminter said:

I've been using ImgBurn on it ever since Windows 11 came out.  However, my Windows 11 setup was an upgrade from Windows 10, where ImgBurn had previously been installed.  I have no experience installing ImgBurn on a virgin Windows 11 installation.

I am curious... did you just install it and it worked? ; or did you have to tweak things like change from ASPI to SPTI mode and the like?

2 hours ago, dbminter said:

But, to put it into perspective, I've got a piece of software from 2002 that still runs on Windows 11.  :)

The oldest thing I run occasionally is a game from 2002 (i.e. Mafia (2002). which is still my #1 video game experience to date). but if I recall correctly when I was on Windows 10 I had to enable 'DirectPlay' for it to work, which is pretty much under... Windows Features > Legacy Components > DirectPlay (check the box by directplay). or that general section is found on the 'Turn windows features on or off' etc.

I am not sure how that would be handled on Windows 11 or future versions of Windows. but I likely won't be using Windows for the foreseeable future and even on the occasion I might need it, I would likely just temporarily reinstall it on my main PC, play a game, then go back to Mint. but nearly all of the games I replay (which is largely just the Mafia series (Mafia (2002)/Mafia II (2010)/Mafia III (2016)/Mafia: Definitive Edition (2020)(remake of the original 2002 game)) work on Linux.

p.s. the oldest software I use without a update would probably be ImgBurn.

Yes, I just installed ImgBurn on Windows 10 and it worked.  The only changes I made to it were user settings imported from a .REG key.  I didn't have to change the interface mode at any point to get it to work.  And interface mode changes were not part of the exported Registry settings.

• 1 month later...

Um, you're going to have be a bit more specific.  "It doesn't work" doesn't give us any information to go on.  What does that mean?  Does the application not even start?  What exactly isn't working?

And why on Earth did you link an article about washing machines?!  It doesn't appear to be selling anything, so it's not spam.  It just seems incongruous.

Important Information

By using this site, you agree to our Terms of Use.