Help with preserving dates and the size of an iso

Grewn

How do I create a duplicate of a CD (documents) that will preserve and keep the original created and modified dates of the source CD intact? The actual files are date correct, but when I review the properties of the iso image and/or new CD it displays a current date.

Is an iso a smaller size file as compared to the source CD or should it be equal?

How do I verify that the iso is 100% duplicated, because the iso seems to be a different size file?

Thank you.

If you read a disc to an ISO using Read mode and then simply write the ISO to a new disc using Write mode, everything is preserved.

The size of the ISO will match the number of used sectors on the disc (multiplied by the sector size).

The size of the source disc is mentioned in the log window when the Read operation starts. It's also in the info box on the right of the main window when in Read mode.

Thank you both for the information.

8 hours ago, dbminter said:

I can't answer the first part, but an ISO file will always be larger than the contents you put into it.  The ISO file has overhead and various data in it that comprise the structure of the file itself.

32 minutes ago, LIGHTNING UK! said:

If you read a disc to an ISO using Read mode and then simply write the ISO to a new disc using Write mode, everything is preserved.

The size of the ISO will match the number of used sectors on the disc (multiplied by the sector size).

The size of the source disc is mentioned in the log window when the Read operation starts. It's also in the info box on the right of the main window when in Read mode.

Important Information

By using this site, you agree to our Terms of Use.