Lots of errors

Frowny13

So I got an external disk drive which is a DVD-ROM for my computer as it doesn't already have a disk drive built into it, and I also got some PS2 games that I wanted to make into an ISO file to play these games with an emulator on my PC. I spent the past three hours screwing around with just making the ISO file (I can't believe this simple concept is so niche) and this program is the most well working one I've found so far. (The rest flat out don't even work or just crash) However when getting onto the process of creating the image file from a disc, I get some weird messages on the bottom of the screen. First it starts out by saying " Device not ready (Logical unit in the process of becoming ready)" It holds this message for a good five minutes before saying "Initializing disk" which holds for another five minutes or so and then says "Getting Media Status" and stayed that way for a good while. After that I lost patience and tried to find out what the issue is. Is my Disk drive defective or just slow? Are my PS2 disks too dirty? (They look clean enough to me) It is something to do with the program? Also I've noticed that you can get log files, but my log just stops after it detects the disk drive. Or am I doing it wrong? Please tell.

I did a couple more tests and the best I got was it getting up to "Getting Media Status" where it then stayed there for another half hour before I stopped it. Is it supposed to be stuck there for a while or am I still doing something wrong?

Edited by Frowny13

As for the Logs, those messages that appear at the bottom of the program generally don't get logged.  They're I guess you would call them initialization messages.

If you want to isolate if your PS2 games the problem because they're dirty or your drive doesn't like them, insert a non PS2 DVD into the drive and see if it still takes 5 minutes to get past Initializing disc.  If it does, then it's your drive that's the problem.  If it doesn't, then it could be the dirty PS2 discs.

It definitely shouldn't take more than a minute to Initialize a disc.

Important Information

By using this site, you agree to our Terms of Use.