Error DataLife Plus Thermal Media

d4rud3

Got this error message yesterday first time I have tried DataLife Plus media thermal I should of got ink jet but heard these are best quality discs around, which ever version you get, could be that they just don't like my drive as this is a very rare one and no firmware updates

imgburnlog.txt

Edited by d4rud3

Pioneer's have been problematic over the last few years.  Your BD-R appears to be quality Verbatim media, but the same Disc ID does appear across different Verbatim BD-R.  So, it's a bit difficult to determine what exactly you're using.

At this point, I think the best bet is to try a different drive.  Preferably from a different manufacturer and a different model.  A USB drive would be easiest to install and test with, but most USB's are slim models, which are just generally problematic.

Yeah I agree this pioneer drive only seems to like few disc brands, any recommendations what the best drive for value and problematic, the discs I was using are 50gb bd-r Thermal the ones that are made in Taiwan as I have looked on amazon, ebay and see that some are made in Singapore and the price varies a lot, these where off amazon what I am using but had 3 straight coasters

Edited by d4rud3

That goes back to what I said about the Disc ID.  The same Disc ID is used for Verbatim BD-25 and BD-50 recordable discs.  If you're using BD-R DL, that probably explains it.  BD-R DL writing, in general, is kind of a crap shoot.

If you want my recommendation, the best of the worst, as they all have some kind of flaw, is the LG WH16NS60.  NOT the NS40.  The NS40 will fail 9 times out of 10 to write to DL BD media.  The NS60 appears to work okay on BD-RE DL I tested from Verbatim.  But, you most likely don't have a free half height bay in your PC.  So, you'll need a USB 3.0 enclosure.  I recommend the VanTech Generation 1.  The Generation 2 works to an extent, but you CANNOT update the firmware of the NS60 in one.  You can in the Generation 1.  But, finding the Gen 1 is a problem.  I do not recommend the other option, Other World Computing's enclosure, because if you power it off or it encounters an error where the power must be cycled, the drive will NOT be detected again by Windows until you restart the PC.

2 minutes ago, d4rud3 said:

Yeah, I've never heard of it, but, most likely, it's some established optical company's drive in a rebadged model.  For instance, Verbatim's own USB BD burners are made by Pioneer.

5 minutes ago, dbminter said:

That goes back to what I said about the Disc ID.  The same Disc ID is used for Verbatim BD-25 and BD-50 recordable discs.  If you're using BD-R DL, that probably explains it.  BD-R DL writing, in general, is kind of a crap shoot.

If you want my recommendation, the best of the worst, as they all have some kind of flaw, is the LG WH16NS60.  NOT the NS40.  The NS40 will fail 9 times out of 10 to write to DL BD media.  The NS60 appears to work okay on BD-RE DL I tested from Verbatim.  But, you most likely don't have a free half height bay in your PC.  So, you'll need a USB 3.0 enclosure.  I recommend the VanTech Generation 1.  The Generation 2 works to an extent, but you CANNOT update the firmware of the NS60 in one.  You can in the Generation 1.  But, finding the Gen 1 is a problem.  I do not recommend the other option, Other World Computing's enclosure, because if you power it off or it encounters an error where the power must be cycled, the drive will NOT be detected again by Windows until you restart the PC.

Yeah I do not use my pc to burn blu-ray as it is easier just to use external, I will have a look around for a new drive in the future one that will support Verbatim media, thank you for your help

Important Information

By using this site, you agree to our Terms of Use.