Will this software ever get updated? If not, can we release it as "open source software" so it can be fixed?

AlbertEinstein

I'm still using this software in spite of the few bugs it has. One of them I discovered recently has to do with when the log get's updated. It appears to only happen upon exiting the software. Which means, if you keep the software open over several days (which I do) and you perform several burn procedures over those several days (which I have) the log will not be as accurate as it should be.

I'd like to see this software updated, in spite of it's age, and it's dwindling utility in the world today. Shunned by some but, no means, by all.

I would just close out of it and open as needed like people typically do. I only keep mine open during use as I don't really see a real reason to keep ImgBurn always running as a web browser is something I typically keep always (or almost always) running since that's used often and makes more sense there.

I use ImgBurn on Linux as I suspect whatever happens on Windows (like if ImgBurn ever stops working on newer Windows versions), ImgBurn will probably continue to work on Linux for many years to come since people can just load up older versions of Wine if they need to (I run mine through PlayOnLinux using Wine v6.0.1(32bit)(64bit works fine to but the wineprefix container takes up less space so I opt for the 32bit version instead). but on Linux, Wine has to be set to WinXP mode and needs to change from default ASPI to SPTI within ImgBurn options for it to work (basically without setting Wine to WinXP mod it will hang upon startup and without the ASPI to SPTI change it won't see your CD/DVD etc burners on Wine versions past v4 series basically). but after that it works well enough. I still prefer ImgBurn over other native Linux burning apps.

Important Information

By using this site, you agree to our Terms of Use.