Recommended Blu Ray Video Authoring Application

Dawn_fan

Hello, 

I was just looking for any recommendations that people might have for an application that can author some Blu-Ray video discs. I would like the software to be freeware, be somewhat user-friendly, and be able to generate an ISO. 

I plan on having the application just generate an ISO for a Blu-Ray disc so I can then use Imgburn to write that ISO to a disc. I would prefer the formats to just be HD 1080. I don't need an application that will be able to create 4k Ultra HD Blu-Ray discs. 

I would also prefer for the application to be able to convert a video file into this ISO, an MP4 perhaps. 

Thanks for any suggestions!

I've never used it, but the company that makes my container to DVD converter, ConvertXToDVD, has something called ConvertXToHD.  It can convert MP4's and other video containers to Blu-Ray and to other container formats.  It's not freeware, though, but it should have a 7 day free trial to give it a throw with.  I don't think it can create ISO's, but it can create the folder structures necessary for ImgBurn to make a BD Video out of and ISO's itself.

Thanks for your suggestion. The name ConvertXToDVD sounds familiar with me as if I heard it in some other place. I think the 7 day free trial would be useful so I can test out how the software works and see how easy it is to navigate it. As for the ISO part, its fine if it can' create an ISO as like you mentioned if it will construct the required structures for BD Video. The main reason why I wanted an ISO is so that I can get around the use of Build Mode in Imgburn by creating a file using the generated structure. But all this time, I was curious on how to properly use Build Mode and I will most likely force myself to use it so all authoring applications will work regardless if they are or unable to generate an ISO. 

I am pretty sure you have to use Build Mode in Imgburn if you only have the folder structure for the disc right? I'll see if there is a guide on how to use build mode with this. There probably is one but I just haven't looked into it yet. 

If you just have the folder structures, you'll need Build mode.  ImgBurn will automatically make all necessary adjustments based on the video format type of the folders added in Build mode.  For instance, if you add a VIDEO_TS folder, ImgBurn is smart enough to make all necessary adjustments for DVD Video.

Ah ok, that's good to know. Yeah the process is actually much easier than I expected it to be with the use of Build Mode. I didn't know that Imgburn would be intelligent enough to determine the adjustments of the certain disc based on the given folder structure. I even looked up the guide on how to use Build Mode in order to burn a Blu Ray video disc with the BDMV folder, very easy. With this, I guess it doesn't even matter if the application can generate an ISO or not as long as it will give me the BDMV folder structure after the authoring process so I can then use Build Mode. 

As for the applications, pretty much every software isn't classified as freeware, at least if you want a Blu Ray video authoring one. Almost all of them have free trials however. Once I get some Blu Ray discs and a drive, I will probably use a free trial to make sure that my equipment will work okay. Then I will just choose a good software that has the most appealing layout to me and end up paying for that one. 

Thanks for the link! It was quite helpful. There are a lot more free applications than I thought existed. I will explore the programs that are labeled as freeware and see which one I like. 

Important Information

By using this site, you agree to our Terms of Use.