I'm new to Imgburn. and I can't click "Ready"

MartinAguilar

It appears you got a laptop DVD burner. those tend to be worse/more picky than desktop burners (so if you have trouble burning certain kinds of CD's etc, that's probably why). what CD's are you trying to use?

but you cut off the image to the right which shows more info. can you post another picture showing the whole ImgBurn window there?

Edited by ThaCrip

What's more worrying is the screenshot is showing Unknown for key elements like Sectors, Size, and Time.  An image file needs that data or it can't be burnt to a disc.  Are you sure you actually opened an image file for burning to CD-R?

21 hours ago, ThaCrip said:

It appears you got a laptop DVD burner. those tend to be worse/more picky than desktop burners (so if you have trouble burning certain kinds of CD's etc, that's probably why). what CD's are you trying to use?

but you cut off the image to the right which shows more info. can you post another picture showing the whole ImgBurn window there?

Here the other one that works. But what's interesting it's saying unknown. The only works is Create Image file from disc, Create image file from files/folder and Verify Disc. But what's interesting is Unknown in my screen. 

2E720876-2BEE-4BD2-8FD3-8A78006AC829.jpeg

6DA82336-7D30-4A9A-AECB-498B093CE3C2.jpeg

E95ED33E-2FA1-450A-8549-F776547C9D5F.jpeg

21 hours ago, ThaCrip said:

My Disc CD is DVD+R This the CD DVD disc what I had. 

A0B9965D-938D-4B48-8EF2-6B1F40FC381A.jpeg

18 hours ago, dbminter said:

What's more worrying is the screenshot is showing Unknown for key elements like Sectors, Size, and Time.  An image file needs that data or it can't be burnt to a disc.  Are you sure you actually opened an image file for burning to CD-R?

Yes, I'm Burning files.

If you are just trying to 'burn files' (assuming these are just data files you want to backup) to a CD or DVD use 'Mode > Build' in ImgBurn. then on 'Output' select 'Device' (then you can simply drag-and-drop files into the ImgBurn window, adjust whatever settings/burn speed you prefer etc, then burn it is the basic idea here). NOT 'Mode > Write' which is for burning image files like .iso/.cue+.bin etc.

but so things are clear... what precisely are you trying to do?

p.s. but in one of your pictures there is only about 154MB there which is not much.

Edited by ThaCrip

14 hours ago, ThaCrip said:

If you are just trying to 'burn files' (assuming these are just data files you want to backup) to a CD or DVD use 'Mode > Build' in ImgBurn. then on 'Output' select 'Device' (then you can simply drag-and-drop files into the ImgBurn window, adjust whatever settings/burn speed you prefer etc, then burn it is the basic idea here). NOT 'Mode > Write' which is for burning image files like .iso/.cue+.bin etc.

but so things are clear... what precisely are you trying to do?

p.s. but in one of your pictures there is only about 154MB there which is not much.

It’s still saying the same thing with Unknown. But, I Just bought a new blank CD disc. I’m trying to get PS2 Bios for a PS2 emulator. 

A5FF2E66-9D22-46A0-8F46-E74FFFC1918B.jpeg

Edited by MartinAguilar

6 hours ago, dbminter said:

What happens when you try Read mode on one of these blank discs you put in your drive?  What does ImgBurn say about the disc?

It gives me an error saying “Sorry, using Read mode to create an image file from a multi-session DVD+R disc not currently supported. 

Instead, use Build mode to create a new clean image based on the contents of the disc” 

18BB16AA-88CF-4590-BDFE-91B08756D8CF.jpeg

7C10C9DD-C333-4C4C-9015-7590D1782E11.jpeg

Edited by MartinAguilar

Okay, that means your discs aren't blank or your drive thinks they're not blank.  Most likely the latter.  Try opening one of these discs in File/Windows Explorer.  See if there are any contents on these discs already.  In which case, I'd just invest in a 2nd USB burner drive and connect that.  Then, try again.  Preferably, don't use the same model drive.

Although the metadata shows 154 MB is apparently on this DVD+R you inserted.

On 1/23/2023 at 8:15 AM, dbminter said:

Okay, that means your discs aren't blank or your drive thinks they're not blank.  Most likely the latter.  Try opening one of these discs in File/Windows Explorer.  See if there are any contents on these discs already.  In which case, I'd just invest in a 2nd USB burner drive and connect that.  Then, try again.  Preferably, don't use the same model drive.

Although the metadata shows 154 MB is apparently on this DVD+R you inserted.

(Sorry for the late reply) So, I bought a DVD-R. It's Brand new, and it still doesn't work and when I click "DVD RW Drive (D:) DVD-R" it says, "Drag files to this folder to add them to disc" So I have nothing. It's my brand New. My disc looks blank since I bought a new Disc Blank DVD-R. 

0598570C-4AB1-49F0-ABB6-E50442E6.jpg

2BBDFDB5-4FEC-4C66-BB1A-A3F12ED2966A.jpeg

236CA3BB-EE83-4996-9EB0-FCFC503B.jpg

Edited by MartinAguilar

On 1/22/2023 at 10:54 AM, LIGHTNING UK! said:

Put a new blank disc in and then try to burn. The disc you put in is not empty. The disc info shown on the right says as much.

The ‘unknown’ bits are meant to be there. You haven’t selected an image file or anything to burn.

I did, which I bought, a new blank disc. A DVD-R blank disc and it still says the same thing. I check my disc on File Explorer> I clicked "This PC"> I double clicked my Disc that inserted, and my file Explorer tells me "Drag Files to this folder to add them on a Disc" which I don't have nothing in my disc. Just a new Disc that I bought. 

9 minutes ago, dbminter said:

Well, it appears SOME data was written to it.  In the first screenshot, just under 0.2 GB are on it.

Yeah, but I didn't add nothing. I didn't add any files in my new blank Disc. I have no Idea why the blue rectangle bar tells me that I have something, and I don't have nothing in my New DVD-R blank disc.

Unless some files were added for writing to the disc in File Explorer and were never written to.  Windows allows you to write files to a recordable DVD even after you've added some to them.  If those files never were written, they're "queued" for future writing.  This might explain why every time you insert a new blank DVD-R it's showing files are to be written to them.

29 minutes ago, dbminter said:

Unless some files were added for writing to the disc in File Explorer and were never written to.  Windows allows you to write files to a recordable DVD even after you've added some to them.  If those files never were written, they're "queued" for future writing.  This might explain why every time you insert a new blank DVD-R it's showing files are to be written to them.

So wait I bought a wrong disc ? Or how can fix this ? I need those PS2 bios. 

I forget precisely how to fix this, but I think it's somewhat along these lines.  First, insert a blank DVD.  I'd take a disc from the very bottom of the package, which has the highest likelihood of really being blank.  Then, open the disc in File/Windows Explorer.  There should be something on the screen about files waiting to be written to the disc and the option to open the folder where they're stored.  When you open this folder, delete everything in it.  Particularly desktop.ini or any .ini files.  I think this will return to File/Windows Explorer that the disc should be treated as a blank disc.

I also found these instructions.  I've never done them so I can't vouch for their effectiveness:

• Open Run by pressing the Windows key + R simultaneously.
  • Type shell:cd burning, and then press Enter to open the Temporary Burn Folder.
  • Delete all the files in the Temporary Burn Folder folder.
  • Restart the PC.

On 1/25/2023 at 5:29 PM, dbminter said:

I forget precisely how to fix this, but I think it's somewhat along these lines.  First, insert a blank DVD.  I'd take a disc from the very bottom of the package, which has the highest likelihood of really being blank.  Then, open the disc in File/Windows Explorer.  There should be something on the screen about files waiting to be written to the disc and the option to open the folder where they're stored.  When you open this folder, delete everything in it.  Particularly desktop.ini or any .ini files.  I think this will return to File/Windows Explorer that the disc should be treated as a blank disc.

I also found these instructions.  I've never done them so I can't vouch for their effectiveness:

• Type shell:cd burning, and then press Enter to open the Temporary Burn Folder.
  • Restart the PC.

(Sorry for the late reply) It tells me "This Folder is Empty" I follow your steps, and it's still not working.  I have no files in my Temporary Burn Folder.

96FF9FC5-35D7-4975-AFA1-260ECD29.jpg

Edited by MartinAguilar

On 1/25/2023 at 5:29 PM, dbminter said:

• Restart the PC.

And I insert my brand new blank DVD-R disc, it still shows me the same thing and Imgburn tells me the same thing "Disc Not Empty"

081A78C7-23E7-44BF-97F9-7791392451A0-ImResizer.jpg

It would be highly unlikely if you received an entire cake stack from the factory that has been partially written to.  So, the most likely culprit at this point is your drive.  I would, at this point, invest in trying a new drive.  A USB one would be easiest to set up, but most USB drives are slim models, which tend to be trash.  I'd be sure to get a different make and manufacturer than the drive you currently have.

One other thing I'd try, though I doubt it would help.  But, it would be easier and cheaper than the above solution if it works.  In ImgBurn, open Tools --> Settings --> I/O --> Page 1.  Under Interface, there are a series of options you can check.  Try changing these and press OK.  Once the Log window refreshes to show you have the new I/O setting enabled, see if these discs still list as not empty.  Try each I/O setting if one doesn't work.

I tend to agree with dbminter. it's very unlikely your new discs have been written to. you can try the I/O stuff as I have to change that ('Tools > Settings > I/O' and then change from 'ASPI' to 'SPTI - Microsoft' and on 'SPTI - Device Enumeration Method' I use 'Device Interface' (or 'Drive Letter')) since I am using Linux (Mint 21.1-Xfce) otherwise ImgBurn won't see my CD/DVD burners by default.

I suggest you try the following as this should help confirm whether it's a Windows issue or DVD burner issue...

download Linux Mint 21.1-Xfce ISO (this one for example... "mirrors[.]layeronline[.]com/linuxmint/stable/21.1/linuxmint-21.1-xfce-64bit.iso") and make a bootable USB stick (you can use Rufus (free software) to make a bootable USB stick with that ISO file), boot to Mint, and once it boots to desktop then insert a blank DVD into your burner and close the drive, wait some odd seconds, and then check the file manager in Mint as it should show something like 'Blank DVD+R Disc' under the 'Devices' section on the left side area of file manager (see my small screenshot posted below). I figure if you experience this, chances are something is out of whack on Windows 11. note: don't worry this won't touch your current Windows installation as this is safe to do as once you reboot, it will be back to how things are currently for you.

this would be a decent way to test to see if anything is out of whack on your current Windows install that's preventing ImgBurn etc from working properly. because if it still reacts the same way on Mint, I would lean towards your CD/DVD burner itself is probably the issue. if not, something on Windows 11 is out of whack. honestly, I won't be surprised if it's simply a Windows 11 issue.

p.s. I suggest using Windows 10 in general (which is supported until Oct 2025) since it's less likely to cause issues from what I have heard. but it's your call if you want to stick to Windows 11 or not. I dumped Windows for Linux Mint in Jan 2019 (the limited amount of windows games/software I use work on Linux Mint) and given the direction Microsoft is headed with Win11 etc I am all the more happy I dumped Windows as Mint's interface is clean without the bloat etc. but I understand not everyone can do this as there might be windows software that they cannot go without and does not work on Linux through Wine. anyways, you can see Windows goes in cycles with 'good/bad/good/bad' and right now Windows 11 is part of the 'bad' cycle which has held true since at least Win98 to date (Win98(good),WinME(bad),WinXP(good),WinVista(bad),Win7(good),Win8(bad),Win10(good),Win11(bad?)). but it does seem likely Win11 won't reach the wide adoption that Win10 has given current market share... Win10 = 68%. Win11 = 17%. for measure... Win7 still has 11% and it's not had support officially since Jan 2020. you could basically say there have only really been three dominate/widely used OS's from Microsoft over the last 20 years or so... WinXP/Win7/Win10.

BlankDVD.png

Edited by ThaCrip

Important Information

By using this site, you agree to our Terms of Use.