HDR lost when burning

ernnnn

Hi!

I have created a disc using MultiAVCHD, with three different video files. When created, I have changed the video files with those created with TsMuxer (including m2ts, mpls and clpi files), having all of them HDR10. I have then burnt the disc into a Mediarange BD-R 25Gb, with menus and everything, but when I play the disc, the HDR symbol doesn't show on my TV. If I put the entire disc structure into a HDD, and then I play the files from there, the HDR is shown on the TV. I repeat, they are exactly the same files burnt on the BD-R disc.

I can confirm it's something related with the burning process. I have attached the HDD to the UHB Blu-ray instead, and it shows the HDR symbol. When I play the proper BD-R disc again, it's not shown. I have displayed the disc info, and it says SDR instead of HDR. How can the burning process lose the HDR when burning the disc? Does it need something special for the HDR to be shown and played?

Thanks in advance!

I doubt it's anything to do with the burning process itself. The files you provide the program with are what gets burnt. You can compare them yourself (MD5 / SHA-1 etc) and you'll see nothing has been changed.

Maybe the player ignores HDR when playing from BD-R? Check with whoever makes it. Lots of them have weird limitations when using certain types of media.

14 minutes ago, LIGHTNING UK! said:

I doubt it's anything to do with the burning process itself. The files you provide the program with are what gets burnt. You can compare them yourself (MD5 / SHA-1 etc) and you'll see nothing has been changed.

Maybe the player ignores HDR when playing from BD-R? Check with whoever makes it. Lots of them have weird limitations when using certain types of media.

Why limitating playing HDR files when it's a UHD player? It doesn't make sense to me. And I have burnt UHD discs before to both BD50 and BD100 and they all played perfectly well the HDR and even Dolby Vision.

Making sense or not, I'm just telling you what I've seen over the years.

If you haven't already done so, please do what I said and compare the file on the disc with the ones on your storage drive / hdd / whatever. Only then will you be happy that everything is as it should be.

It's then down to the player to play the disc as you'd intended it be played.

What standalone do you actually have?

3 minutes ago, LIGHTNING UK! said:

Making sense or not, I'm just telling you what I've seen over the years.

If you haven't already done so, please do what I said and compare the file on the disc with the ones on your storage drive / hdd / whatever. Only then will you be happy that everything is as it should be.

It's then down to the player to play the disc as you'd intended it be played.

What standalone do you actually have?

Sony UBP X700.

Important Information

By using this site, you agree to our Terms of Use.