Can't even get started.

Ulophot

I downloaded IMGBurn and finally got a chance to use it. But I'm stumped. IMG says my first file, which is about 8GB, is too large for the ISO 9660standard. (What the heck is that about?)

IMG seems to refer to many things a copying or creating an "image." I chose "Write Files or folders to disc" and added three files to the window and clicked on Build. That's when I got the message.

The IMGBurn site has 5 easy steps for burning, but again, it says "Select image to burn." Is image interchangeable with file now? Anyway, "Switch to the Write mode." I did. "Select a file." I navigated and it shows none of my files being a supported format. They are all MP4, rendered in Sony Vegas Prop 18 on Windows 10 as HEVC.

I went to Help, which produced a virtually endless webpage that simply identifies a bazillion variables. No basic instructions.

I figured this would be a breeze. If anyone can offer help, I will be very grateful. I don't understand why this is so difficult. Thank you.

ImgBurn.log

The maximum size a file can be for the ISO 9660 format is 4.2 GB.  That's why 8 GB is too large.  You will need to select UDF.

Don't use the Write files and folders to disc option.  Use Create image file from files/folders first.  This will allow you to make such necessary file format changes and ImgBurn should, though I don't know for sure in this case, prompt you as to what options you should be using for files that don't meet your current file format standard.  Then, once you create an image file with this option first, you need to load that file you created in Write image file to disc.

You may want to go over the various Guides: https://forum.imgburn.com/forum/4-guides/

Particularly, you should look at this one:

Thank you for your assistance. As indicated, the guide I viewed looked as though it would take me a solid week to penetrate. I don't have that. In years past, I have been able to burn Blu-rays practically effortlessly. A new computer and loss of access to previous, no longer available software, have created my situation. I thought  MP4 and HEVC were pretty standard and would not cause issues. Guess I was wrong.

It depends on what you want these MP4's to do.  If your Blu-Ray player supports playing container files like MP4 from a Blu-Ray disc, then it's fairly straightforward.  However, if it's like DVD, you must convert the MP4's to Blu-Ray Video format in order to put them on a BD-R, pop it in, and have your Blu-Ray player play the disc.

Important Information

By using this site, you agree to our Terms of Use.