Pioneer DVD BDR 212

lklawrie

I would be interested to see your MKM-003 results.  See if you get the same results I did.  Admittedly, I only tested one before returning it.

Plus, the MKM-003 are the only DVD+R DL you can get new and cost effective.  2.4x discs are still available on the aftermarket but are nowhere near cost effective.

My memory was I did test the Verbatim BD-R in the ASUS and it was fine.  BD-R SL only, though.

My "8x" were RITEK-S04-66.  And I never learn from mistakes.  Had one of the files open so -- can't verify, I suspect.  Duh.

Unfortunately, the only reliable DVD+R DL are the Datalife Plus/AZO series of MKM discs from Verbatim.  So, burning Riteks, while they might pass, won't do me any good as I won't use those.

If you can't Verify immediately, then make sure the file is closed and do a manual Verify.  Although, I fail to see why an open file would prevent a Verify.

well, it's not only open but changed since written.  Understand about the Ritek.  It's what i had.  I will have to order new.  First one I did that worked was a Verbatim, I think -- at the 2.4x speed.  I have not bought DVDs for quite a while.

Oh, are you writing directly to disc and not an image file first?  If so, then, opening and changing a file might cause a Verify to fail that way.

Your logs posted were for 2.4x Verbatim MKM-001's.

17 hours ago, dbminter said:

Oh, are you writing directly to disc and not an image file first?  If so, then, opening and changing a file might cause a Verify to fail that way.

Your logs posted were for 2.4x Verbatim MKM-001's.

yes, directly to disc.  the ones with the pioneer -- i was testing using a ISO file.

Not sure why you're saying that the logs posted were for the MKM-001 -- the last was for the Ritek.  I am trying to remove the previous log file so the one in the folder is always the latest.

There is one fault present in all LG drives that I failed to mention.  They're not perfect readers.  They will many times fail to read data from a disc that other drives like Pioneers will read in.  That's one reason why I keep a USB Pioneer drive on hand.  If my LG won't read in a particular disc, I plug in my Pioneer USB drive and see if that will read it.

Important Information

By using this site, you agree to our Terms of Use.