Does ImgBurn read stuff like some unique code on the BD-R to identify manufacturer and batch numbers?

AlbertEinstein

I've bought multiple spindles of BD-R media and I was curious to know if I got 2 spindles discs mixed up somehow I could reorganize them into their proper spindle by way of a batch code or something unique that ties them all to a specific spindle? Like a manufacturer date or whatever?

I don't think such metadata is stored on discs themselves.  That would require extra work that the disc manufacturers frankly don't want to do.  I think the only kind of similar metadata to what you're looking for that is contained on a BD-R is the MID/DID.

What you could do in future is something I adopted.  Put in the UDF Label field a brief description and maybe include the date.  Or develop some kind of system like Stack 2023-05-19 Disc x.  I also tend to, in Build Mode, put a folder and subfolder structure in the root directory with a description of the contents.  This usually includes a folder named for the date when the disc was burned.

3 hours ago, dbminter said:

I don't think such metadata is stored on discs themselves.  That would require extra work that the disc manufacturers frankly don't want to do.  I think the only kind of similar metadata to what you're looking for that is contained on a BD-R is the MID/DID.

What you could do in future is something I adopted.  Put in the UDF Label field a brief description and maybe include the date.  Or develop some kind of system like Stack 2023-05-19 Disc x.  I also tend to, in Build Mode, put a folder and subfolder structure in the root directory with a description of the contents.  This usually includes a folder named for the date when the disc was burned.

Thank You for your post. It's not a big deal really. I was just curious if the metadata was there somehow. I guess not. Maybe it's in that real small print literally on the inside ring of the disc? I'll pull out my magnifying glass out and see what I can deduce there. But at the end of the day, it really doesn't matter. I use a regular old black Sharpie marker to label most of my media. It's a perfect stand-in until I find extra time and ambition to do up some fancy laser printed labels. :)

And if it's so damn hard to tell them apart then why treat them as such? LoL! I crack myself up!

Edited by AlbertEinstein

Important Information

By using this site, you agree to our Terms of Use.