No pre-owned games to be allowed for Playstation 3?

digidragon

For goodness sake - as the article said the PS2 was hardly the most reliable machine was it ? So if yours gets knackered so does your game collection ??

If Sony pull this stunt I will never buy another Playstation, it will be X-Box for me.....

They really are a bunch of :whatever: ! :angry:

Ascii News

------------

"Experimental chimps have escaped from Sony's Labs, an eye witness saw the chimps head frantically for the pens and notepads and were seen furiously scribbling, on closer examination of the doodles, a huge bellend had been drawn and titled Head of Sony Entertainment."

being an Xbox fan,

Go ahead Sony make my day.

A patent may allow Sony to ensure that no game would be playable from any console other than the one in which it was first read.

http://www.theinquirer.net/?article=27568

I can't see it happening. The last thing $ony needs at the moment is another lawsuit as they have their hands full dealing with the DRM software they've hidden on music CDs without anyone knowing about it.. Another class action suit would be rather amusing from a spectators' point of view. Sony should be aware that some of us own more than one console. Am I to be forced to buy 2 copies of a game because they've decided to embed DRM into the PS3? I agree with Dontasciime. Make my day.

I suspect it won't fly, as that would negate selling your game, which is not only a protected right in most countrys, but would also devalue the games immensely before their even sold. I would bet most people won't buy a game for more than $15 if it has zero resale value, so their hopes of selling at $50-70 would be crushed, plus all those second hand game retailers would take them to task legally as well. And I third the motion, if it is that way, no PS3 for me, I'll switch to fucking Gates' XBox.

Does this mean they have ALREADY done it to the millions of games already sold here and abroad? or have they just sown the seed of it up till now and have always had the tech, just never the "excuse" to use it till now? I dont get how this can work unless it has already been in place and waiting to be launched.

Plus, if they can circumvent their previous CD copy protection with a magic marker, what kind of shit will this be?

MYM

Edited by G5_MYM

Sony's going to end up shooting itself in the foot. They've already started a huge wash against them over the revelation their protected CD's were installing rootkits. Then, of course, the installed rootkits were targeted by trojans to use their cloaking abilities to install themselves. Then, their rootkit got labeled as malware at worst, spyware at best, by many vendors.

This idea for the PS3 will just mean a bigger market for mod chips. :lol: Which leads me to a new revelation... it is my belief that, more and more, that mod chips, certain types of software, etc. are actually MADE by the companies that are suing some such products. e.g. Sony actually makes more money when one installs a mod chip to play an import game only available in a foreign country. But, not ALL mod chips and not all mod chip sellers are targeted by Sony for lawsuits, etc. Why? There can only be one answer: the ones they go after AREN'T the ones secretly made by Sony.

My conspiracy theory for the day. ;)

Edited by dbminter

Important Information

By using this site, you agree to our Terms of Use.