Maybe a Settings Guide

dfarm

I'm fairly new to DVD burning. In the past I used (and sometimes still do) Pinnacle InstantCopy 8. However, for any .iso files I use ImgBurn and also still have DVDD. Anyway, I was wondering if someone has a "settings guide" that shows the optimal settings for ImgBurn? If not, could you create one Lightning UK?

I realize not everyone will use the same settings and most users are knowledgeable enough to know, but it would definitely help clueless newbies such as myself.

The defaults work best. That's why they're defaults. :) If you have a specific question about the settings, ask away. :)

Okay...under Tools --> Settings --> General Tab, there's the File Associations section. My question is if I select any of these, does this prevent other apps, like Nero from opening them? In other words, does this give exclusive rights to ImgBurn for these images types? I'm confused about this because I'm assuming ImgBurn uses Nero's burning engine as I believe DVD Decrypter did.

Thanks

Nooooooooooooo, this is MY burn engine, nothing to do with Nero.

File associations and linking to programs are just what appears on the context menu when you right click a file of that type (i.e. ISO, IMG, BIN etc.).

My file associations add a 'Burn using ImgBurn' option to that menu.

If no other program is accosiated with a file extension, when you double click an icon, it'll normally open with that program - having seen it to be the 'default' action.

File associations in no way tie you down to only using those files with those programs.

I'm confused about this because I'm assuming ImgBurn uses Nero's burning engine as I believe DVD Decrypter did.

Thanks

thats DVD Shrink you're thinking of it had the option of using Decrypters burn engine or Neros

First off, I'd like to apologize to LIGHTNING UK. I wasn't trying to offend you...I didn't know you wrote and used your own burning engine. So, sorry, I didn't know. Obviously, I'm confused and must have been thinking of DVD Shrink as polopony said. Anyway, I got what I was looking for, so thanks everyone for helping this clueless newbie.

I still laugh at that film Grain..... :lol:

Pontius Pilate: So, youw fawtha was a Woman. Who was he?

Brian: He was a Centurion, in the Jerusalem Garrison.

Pontius Pilate: What was his name?

Brian: Nottius Maximus, sir.

[the Centurion giggles]Pontius Pilate: Centuwion, do you have anyone in your gawwison by that name?

Centurion: No, sir.

Pontius Pilate: Well, you seem awfully suwe, have you checked?

Centurion: I think it's a joke, sir. Sort of like... uh... Sillius Sodus, or Biggus Dickus.

Pontius Pilate: What's so funny about "Biggus Dickus? "

Centurion: Its a joke name, sir.

Pontius Pilate: I have a vewy good fwiend in Wome named "Biggus Dickus. "

[guard laughs]

Pontius Pilate: WIGHT! THAT'S IT!

Centurion: Oh, but sir...

Pontius Pilate: No, no, no. I want him fighting weally, wild, wavish animals by the mowning!

Pontius Pilate: He has a wife, you know. Do you know what she's called? She's called... Incontinentia. Incontinentia Buttocks

Brian really should have stayed a way form that Judith. Welsh tart!! =))=))=))=))=))

Cant beat the meaning of life. Every sperm is sacred.......... :whistling:

Important Information

By using this site, you agree to our Terms of Use.