X-Setup Pro

Movie Junkie

I am considering purchasing X-Setup Pro version 8.1 for my WinXP Professional machine that I built two years ago. It's a 3.4GH processor with 2 GB of RAM. I have used several tweaking programs in the past as well as simply editing the registry directly to achieve what I want but this seems to be a very comprehensive package, and at a decent price. Has anyone here used this program? If you have please tell me your opinion of it. Did you have problems? If so what were they. I already know that you can totally hose your system if you're not careful so I'm not too worried about that. I am interested, however, if the program has shortcomings that might cause problems along with anything else that you have observed.

I've used several prior versions of X-Setup Pro, and think I may have still be using it when the version 8 beta came out. Can't recall whether it was free prior to version 8 or whether I'd bought it. Having upgraded my system around the time I decided not to bother buying version 8. I was however always happy with it when I was using it, and found it the best of the tweakers I'd tried. It does (did anyway) provide an effective method of warning and protecting you from changing the really dangerous stuff. If you're looking for a tweaker, I'd certainly recommend considering it.

Thanks for the information zacoz. :thumbup:

From what I've read about it, it was free through version 6.x or somewhere around there.

I've used several tweaking programs such as Tweak UI but what I'm hoping to find is one program that will do all of the tweaks I want. I think it will be easier to keep track of them. It will eliminate accidentally trying to make a tweak more than once which can sometimes cause problems when/if you want to remove the tweak.

Edited by Movie Junkie

• 4 weeks later...

Late in on this one - sorry MJ. I have XSP 8 (yes up to 6.x it was free) and can attest to how good it is. Everything is nicely explained for the ultimate in tweaking. If you want Robitussin for it, PM me.

Regards

Important Information

By using this site, you agree to our Terms of Use.