Dennis Payton gone.

spinningwheel

Just read this...The DC5 were my favorite band during the whole British Invasion period of the 60's, so I figured I'd pass it on.

Dec 18, 2006.

LONDON: Denis Payton, the sax player in the Dave Clark Five, has died after a long struggle with cancer, Clark's office said Monday. He was 63.

Payton died Sunday in Bournemouth in southern England, said John Roberts of Clark's office.

Payton appeared on all the group's records, and also played guitars, harmonica and sang backing vocals.

The Dave Clark Five, whose "Tottenham Sound" was London's answer to the wave of hits pouring out of Liverpool in the 1960s, scored with hits including "Bits and Pieces," "Do You Love Me?" and "Glad All Over."

The group was nominated in October for consideration for the Rock and Roll Hall of Fame.

Clark said Payton and his partner, Lindsay, recently visited him in London.

"He was thrilled about our American Rock and Roll Hall of Fame nomination and said, 'I know I won't be around but it was an amazing part of my life that I am very proud of,'" Clark said.

Payton is survived by his partner and two children from a previous marriage.

Just read this...The DC5 were my favorite band during the whole British Invasion period of the 60's, so I figured I'd pass it on.

Dec 18, 2006.

LONDON: Denis Payton, the sax player in the Dave Clark Five, has died after a long struggle with cancer, Clark's office said Monday. He was 63.

Another small part of my past is gone. o4fsad.gif I really enjoyed their music. Rest in piece Dennis. rip_1.gif

Aw, man! I'd not heard of this yet! I was still recovering from the loss of Joe Barbera! :cry: I loved Over And Over. "She would a'wait and a'wait and a'wait and a'wait for her steady date. SHE would a'wait and a'wait and a'wait and a'wait for her steady date. SHE would a'wait and a'wait and a'wait and a'wait for her steady date. Ah ooom! Ah ooom! Ah ooom! Ah ooom!" There's just something about the Ah ooom!" that makes you want to sing along. :) You know it's there, you know it's coming, and, you wait for it.

Important Information

By using this site, you agree to our Terms of Use.