James Brown

polopony

By now most of you know the Godfather of Soul has passed ,he was getting ready to do a show at BB Kings club in NYC. I remember seeing him on American Bandstand years ago around 1966 and he had a show and style like no other performer

I saw his wake on TV and it was as spectacular as any of his shows ,singers doing his hits, MC Hammer dancing like well MC :lol: its a real production ,performers talking to his open coffin which is up by the stage ,never seen or heard anything like it

I was fortunate enough to see him perform live in 2004 at the Millennium Stadium in Cardiff.

We'd travelled from Northern Ireland specially to see the Red Hot Chilli Peppers and didn't know who the support act was.

I couldn't believe it when the "support act" turned out to be James Brown!! :o

He was a fabulous performer and the guys playing with him were absolutely fantastic musicians although I suppose you'd expect that from such an iconic artiste.

I genuinely enjoyed James Brown's stint as much as the Chillis who were the band I'd primarily gone to see.

Awesome concert. :clapping::clapping::clapping:

RIP James.

Nemesis

I saw on the news that he used to "drill" his musicians to be perfect on stage - backs up what you found with the performance Nemesis

That I can well believe.

His band came on stage first and jammed, doing their own thing for quite a while before James came out and they were amazing to say the least.

There was a huge saxophonist guy that particularly stands out in my memory as he was really letting it rip with some fantastic screaming sax.

A lot of the screaming sax stuff in my mind is the forerunner to metal screaming guitar.

If you listen to any screaming sax solo there virtually isn't anything you can't instantly imagine being played on lead guitar.

I wonder what will happen to his band now though.

Nemesis

Important Information

By using this site, you agree to our Terms of Use.