PHILIPS / BENQ DVD8900 DVD+/-R/RW/RAM Writer

dontasciime

Anyone know anything about these drives svp are selling, eg is it philips, benq, any firmware of note, price 17.70 gbp, cheers.

info i have so far seems to point its liteons new breed since taking over benq etc.

Edited by dontasciime

I know there is a 20X BenQ coming out quick, although word on the street for it is Liteon rebadged. This model you mention I haven't heard of. In the past, BenQ's that were RAM ready had a Panasonic chipset I believe, and weren't widely appreciated.

its getting ridiculous with the rebadging and the takeovers of companies ,we here kinda know about it but I've read more than a few posts extolling the virtues of Sony and how they make blah blah blah when they haven't made any drives for a good while ,then its Sony -Nec, Lite on Sony ,LiteOn -BenQ, Optirac . Hey the new 20x drives are out ,big deal , most of the public are really misinformed or just plain dont know

I ended up buying the drive for a laugh, just installed it into sumvision caddy, turns out to be a Benq DW1670

No solidburn,overspeed, or quality scans

auto booktype dvd-rom on dvd+ and Dl+

test write enable/disable

Can set +rw to dl+ dvd-r etc (lol)

just finished burning my first disc on it, A CMC AM3, (don,t laugh aint had one fail to playback) and no the data is still readable 1yr on from previous burns.

1670to2.png

and then scanned on 1670 (not quite right) only choices were CAV so choose 8x CAV

1670scansa1.png

same disc scanned on liteon 160P6S

160p6sscangw1.png

Edited by dontasciime

• 2 years later...

Important Information

By using this site, you agree to our Terms of Use.