Some Aussie slang...

Pain_Man

From the Babylon dictionary Australian Slang [by N.B. (author email: nathalie_w@yahoo.com)]

Soggy Sao

game in which a group of men simultaneously begin masturbating onto an Arnott's Sao biscuit, the last to ejaculate having to eat the biscuit

To quote a certain member (no pun intended), is the last guy the winner or the loser?

Man, either way... :&

"Soggy Biscuit" is more common than you may think. Its common place in the armed forces apparently. More so the Navy, but hey, thats the Navy...Hello Sailor!!

I know a guy that was in the 2nd Para Regiment that took part in this ceremony when he joined. He claims he was neither a winner or a looser, but Im not sure myself as I know what the little deviant is like....

As I wrote, it's from a dictionary of Aussie Slang.

To wit:

soggy_sao.png

And actually the, ah, "game", according to wikipedia, originated in British boy's schools. So if you want to disbelieve anyone, disbelieve wikipedia:

http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Soggy_biscuit

Given some of the shit that goes on at American fraternities, and used to go on at the military academies this is not all unbelievable.

There's a similar activity here in the US (only?) called a "Circle Jerk." If ya needs it explained to ya, ya probably shouldn't be on the 'Net without Mommy's permission. :unsure:

Just because one hasn't heard of something does not mean it does not exist. :thumbup: See last quote in my signature for further clarification. B)

Don't believe everything you read over the Internet Pain Man. That is just crap - never heard anything like that in my life.

Regards

Edited by Pain_Man

You know what they do in the US Navy (don't know about others) to the guys the first time they cross the equator?

Smear them with crank case oil, every kind of engine grease and other disgusting fluids imaginable. My grandfather went through it in the mid-Thirties and, from what I'm told, it still goes on today (tho' I don't know if women have to endure it. (Obviously, there were no women onboard naval vessels 70 years ago. Yeah, Gramps'll be 91 this year. Was in Dubya Dubya eye-eye and Korea too. Though he only saw action in the latter war. He reached the highest enlisted rank. Since he retired in '57 and Congress didn't introduce E-8 & E-9--Senior Chief and Master Chief of the Navy, respectively--until '59, E-7 was as far as he could go.)

There was ritual at aeronautical plant in my home town. When a guy got married, the rest of his work crew would grab him, pants him, and spray paint his nuts blue. This came from an unimpeachable source. (It's a good thing to have women around.)

"Soggy Biscuit" is more common than you may think. Its common place in the armed forces apparently. More so the Navy, but hey, thats the Navy...Hello Sailor!!

I know a guy that was in the 2nd Para Regiment that took part in this ceremony when he joined. He claims he was neither a winner or a looser, but Im not sure myself as I know what the little deviant is like....

(tho' I don't know if women have to endure it.

Not in the Royal Navy, I am reliably informed. :)

And I never endured anything like "soggy biscuit" at the public school I attended, they are actually quite civilised places these days. ;) Another urban legend I think.......

I know three people personally that state they witnessed this 'phenomena'

One from the 2nd Paras. One from the Grenadier Guards and one from the RAF.

Ive heard this from too many sources these and other to know its simply a myth, squaddies do strange things as dares or initiations.

Call it what ever...

Put me off joining up... :unsure:

When I was in the US marines, a couple guys in the barracks kept asking me to go out and get some cock with them. After I turned them down a couple times they accused me of being gay. "Who ME!?- I'm not going out for cock" Apparently it was a southern word for what a girl does- she cocks her legs open. I still didn't go with them, hard to trust someone who enjoys spitshineing combat boots.

When I was in the US marines, a couple guys in the barracks kept asking me to go out and get some cock with them. After I turned them down a couple times they accused me of being gay. "Who ME!?- I'm not going out for cock" Apparently it was a southern word for what a girl does- she cocks her legs open. I still didn't go with them, hard to trust someone who enjoys spitshineing combat boots.

same here ,when I was stationed in Texas and Mississippi I heard the same expression and said WTF didn't turn my back on them either ,those combat boots might have been their first pair of shoes :lol:

Well, Pain Man, you believe what any dolt puts in Wikipedia if you wish - that doesn't make it true. Maybe it exists, but I can tell you being an Aussie and living here most of my life it is not in the popular vernacular.

Now, I am sure you living 10,000km away and having possibly never even visited would like to argue with me that you right, but to quote someone else (Margaret Mitchell, in fact): Frankly, my dear, I don't give a damn.

Regards

Seems the relationship to Australia is the fact that they've substituted a well known type of australian buscuit in the name. :rolleyes: You could do that with any country - still doesn't mean that it's commonly practiced in that country. A masturbation race definately seems like something more likely to appeal to adolescence boys who don't quite understand finishing quickly doesn't make the girls happy. :o

This article or section may contain original research or unverified claims.

Pain Man never said he'd seen it or believed it happened he took it from a book of Aussie slang, there are in all forces of all countries weird rituals they practice in initiation and that can't be denied by anyone, some have practiced in it others haven't, but it doesn't mean to say it doesn't exist, but what does exist on this "chat" "post anything you want topic" is the constant picking by the same individual/individuals on the same individual, it sets a mighty fine example over this forum.

soggy sao is an Australian Navy Custom where men on a ship gather around a table, place SAO in the middle and all ejaculate around it. The last person to ejaculate must eat the sao

Edited by Jill

You know what they do in the US Navy (don't know about others) to the guys the first time they cross the equator?

Smear them with crank case oil, every kind of engine grease and other disgusting fluids imaginable. My grandfather went through it in the mid-Thirties and, from what I'm told, it still goes on today (tho' I don't know if women have to endure it. (Obviously, there were no women onboard naval vessels 70 years ago. Yeah, Gramps'll be 91 this year. Was in Dubya Dubya eye-eye and Korea too. Though he only saw action in the latter war. He reached the highest enlisted rank. Since he retired in '57 and Congress didn't introduce E-8 & E-9--Senior Chief and Master Chief of the Navy, respectively--until '59, E-7 was as far as he could go.)

There was ritual at aeronautical plant in my home town. When a guy got married, the rest of his work crew would grab him, pants him, and spray paint his nuts blue. This came from an unimpeachable source. (It's a good thing to have women around.)

well it still goes on today..pollywog to shellback i went through it back in the 80's..and my kid will be going through it soon..but it has gotten easier its not as bad as it used to be.

soggy sao is an Australian Navy Custom where men on a ship gather around a table, place SAO in the middle and all ejaculate around it. The last person to ejaculate must eat the sao

Didn't know you were in the Navy Jill.

Regards

@jack:

1.) Royal Navy sailors would appear to be luckier than their American counterparts in regards to this.

2.) I wasn't asserting the truth of it, only that I came across it in a Dictionary of Aussie Slang and also in Wikipedia and another source I can't remember.

The odds that they are all untrue seems far-fetched to me.

Also, there are a couple of dozens "public" schools* aren't there? So it's perfectly possible that something that went on in one or two--or a dozen--schools might not have gone on it the one you went to. And given the tradition, perhaps defunct now?, of "fagging", it doesn't seem impossible that in some schools things might be taken to ridiculous and preverted extremes.

Every year, here, there are a dozen or more deaths of Frat pledges from doing dumb shit, usually alcohol-poisoning from "initiation" rituatls.

And even if we accept, for argument's sake, that it's all bullshit, the fact that someone would make it up, is pretty foul in and of itself!

At least in my humble opinion. (Ok, ok, nothing humble about it. :rolleyes: )

* (why is it y'all call what's private public? Like bars, you call 'em "public houses" when, in fact, they are privately owned; public in American, with the exception of "joint-stock" companies--which are called public companies--always means government-owned.

Bernard Shaw had it right when he said, "Britain and American: two nations separated by a common language."

(tho' I don't know if women have to endure it.

Not in the Royal Navy, I am reliably informed. :)

And I never endured anything like "soggy biscuit" at the public school I attended, they are actually quite civilised places these days. ;) Another urban legend I think.......

a

Certainly ain't an inducement. :unsure:

I know three people personally that state they witnessed this 'phenomena'

One from the 2nd Paras. One from the Grenadier Guards and one from the RAF.

Ive heard this from too many sources these and other to know its simply a myth, squaddies do strange things as dares or initiations.

Call it what ever...

Put me off joining up... :unsure:

My mother's from Tejas and both her father and her uncle were in the Army (my great-uncle won the Silver Star in Italy). And they never mentioned no shit like that. Of cousre, they were army.

But, growing up in San Diego, familiar to every Marine, I knew a lot of jarheads. I never heard any of 'em mention anything like that.

Not that this makes it untrue. The South is a big place and there are certainly regimental traditions that vary. So I'm not calling your veracity into question. I've just never heard that. And I have relatives from Georgia, Alabama, Mississippi, as well as Tejas.

Look, blu, WTF is your problem?

Wait--strike that. It's irrelevant.

Here's something that's a surprise to no one but you: your opinions manifestly lack all importance, relevance, interest. You are a miserable twerp with a justifiable reputation for behaving thusly.

People detest your ass on this forum (and other ones from what I've been told). But that was your goal wasn't it? Misery loves company, so you want to spread as much of it around as possible.

Despite the fact I've never said or done anything to merit your constant, pathetic attempts to ride my ass, I know for a fact YOU were the one talking shit about me in the Beta Testers Forum. As it comes from multiple sources, I have you dead to rights.

I'm through with you. On the block list you gojulli-dommer.gif. And in ten years of posting on chatboards I have NEVER before blocked anyone. But you're just too little a wanker to deal with anymore.

You only do this shit because you are 7,000 miles away. You wouldn't have the stones to say this crap to someone's face. You are a typical internet coward, hiding behind a screen to say things to people you'd never DARE to say to them in real life.

Why don't you try doing something positive? Contributing something other than your incessant stream of negative horseshit?

Find someone else upon whom to exercise your puerile attempts at self-righteous indignation.

Finally, who appointed you Royal Expert on All Things Down Under? Was there an election? Did Her Maj put a pretty little bow on your pointy little head?

I'm done with your grade-school bullshit.

And, my dear, who gives a flying fuck at a rolling doughnut what you do or don't "give a damn" about? (funny you have to quote an American movie). No one on this Forum.julli-tumpd.gif

Well, Pain Man, you believe what any dolt puts in Wikipedia if you wish - that doesn't make it true. Maybe it exists, but I can tell you being an Aussie and living here most of my life it is not in the popular vernacular.

Now, I am sure you living 10,000km away and having possibly never even visited would like to argue with me that you right, but to quote someone else (Margaret Mitchell, in fact): Frankly, my dear, I don't give a damn.

Regards

Important Information

By using this site, you agree to our Terms of Use.