Queue Options

ahab666

hi,

as it is possible to trigger some options after finishing a single burn - why not doing the same with the queue like

close img burn after queue is done

shutdown PC after queue is done

save queue (overwrite old most recent one) and shutdown

if any job failes goto next one then save queue and shutdown

for unstarted jobs in queue - possibility to pause them during the burning of predecessor job

eject after burn per queue job.

another suggestion : paralell burning like one image, 4 copies, 4 burners - one run (8 to 10 min) to burn, optionally one run to verify

well no idea if similar postings exist - no hit searching for "queue options" and a gazillion hits with "queue" ...

cheers - ahab666

1. It should already work like that. When it's done burning, the 'Close Program' and 'Shutdown Computer' options kick in.

2. See above.

3. Save queue on close is already an option in the settings.

4. It does that already

5. The option to put a job on hold could indeed be useful. Currently if I don't want to burn something, I just remove it from the queue!

6. I would expect the majority of people to either be in favour of always ejecting discs or not ejecting them. I can't see why you'd want to burn 10 different images and only have a few of them eject the disc.

7. Not likely any time soon.

1. It should already work like that. When it's done burning, the 'Close Program' and 'Shutdown Computer' options kick in.

2. See above.

4. It does that already

5. The option to put a job on hold could indeed be useful. Currently if I don't want to burn something, I just remove it from the queue!

6. I would expect the majority of people to either be in favour of always ejecting discs or not ejecting them. I can't see why you'd want to burn 10 different images and only have a few of them eject the disc.

It does, it's under Verify. He can also just manually check the boxes if he wants,

after it starts, and walk away. I usually leave them off just like DELETE IMAGE and

then manually turn them on, during a burn, if desired.

6. Agreed

7. Personally, I'm suspicious of anyone who needs to burn 10 copies of the same DVD.

2. See above.

4. It does that already

hmm,

ad 1 when i click the shutdown computer button my pc shuts down after the actual burn no matter if there are pending jobs in the queue :(

ad 5 hold/unhold and move up and down jobs within the queue. and burn again should rather alter the burnt fla then put a new job in the queue ...

ad 6 if i did some 16 burn jobs (on my copy machine with 4 burners) and the last 4 ones should finish unattended (like between 2 and 6 am) then it would be good to keep the burners closed before shutdown to avoid dust and stuff ....

ad 7 3 brothers and 2 kids and some friends i am pooling dvds with, to be more exact we are storing each others backups.... and i have quite a large collection of originals as well - so it's only about 1:3 (originals:backups) plz believe that ....

a pause queue after finish the actual job could come handy too ;) ....

sorry just ideas ...

and btw - your proggie really rocks - a shame that the decrypter specific functions had to go !!!

cheers - ahab666

1. You might want to double check that. The program will ONLY processes the close / shutdown commands if the queue is considered to be empty. Of course if you switch to another 'mode' and still have things in the queue, the queue doesn't count. The queue only counts when you're in 'Write' mode. If you find the program closes down, it wouldn't have processed any more images / copies anyway - something must be wrong with how you're manipulating the queue.

5. Ok, I might add a pause option for queued items in a future version (not the next one). Moving items up and down is already in there - although not via drag + drop which I might do one day. I personally prefer the 'Queue Again' option working the way it does rather than changing the existing one. It makes more sense to have a new entry with 0 of 1 copies burnt than it would changing the old one to read 1 of 2 copies (or whatever). I guess I could make it copy certain other attributes (drive, option to delete, write speed etc) from the existing one though.

6. Same as above, I might add a per image eject option in a future version (not the next one).

8. pause entire queue after current burn - same as above :)

Important Information

By using this site, you agree to our Terms of Use.