Perhaps is time for a new version

USER69

Hello everybody,

I have used ImgBurn from the begining like my unique software to burn PS2 games, but when I got "Need F.S. Carbon" then I had some problems: image freezing, lag and so on. Then someone told me that I use Dvdfab Platinum v3.x in 1:1 clone mode or write data mode (for ISO?s), and the mentioned game went very, very well.

Here it?s my surprise, because I know dvdfab was for dvd films untill new versions... but ImgBurn is stopped nearly 5 (five) months and it is an eternity in informatics questions (new CD/DVD Burnings, optical medias...).

Take the first position!!!. :thumbup:

Thanks

USER69

I had no trouble at all with my sons nfs carbon backup using imgburn, maybe it was down to the disc's and speed you choose to burn them at.

Development and testing of any program requires enough time for anyone involved to be assured it works as intended before releasing newer versions.

I'm sure it will be here shortly, though your problems were something else

Edited by dontasciime

Hello,

I see:

v1.0.0.0 (04-10-2005).............v1.1.0.0 (02-12-2005) [ 2 months aprox. ]

v1.1.0.0 (02-12-2005).............v1.2.0.0 (22-02-2006) [ 2-3 months aprox. ]

v1.2.0.0 (22-02-2006).............v1.3.0.0 (13-04-2006) [ 2 months aprox. ]

v1.3.0.0 (13-04-2006).............v2.0.0.0 (05-08-2006) [ 4 months aprox. ]

v2.0.0.0 (05-08-2006).............v2.1.0.0 (11-09-2006) [ 1 month aprox. ]

V2.1.0.0 (11-09-2006).............v?.?.?.? (??-??-????) [ more 5 months...]

It?s true as you say: "development and testing of any program requires enough time" ( rarely only 1 or 2 months).

Take the first position now, tomorrow could be later ! :thumbup:

Thanks.

USER69

v2.1 is doing just fine, there's no huge glaring reason to push for an update.

I have lots to do and putting out new releases each month just doesn't fit well with how I work.

Also, obviously I use the betas all the time so I have NO reason to be crying out for v2.2! I get to use the new features from the second they're implemented ;)

I'd actually updated the offline version of the website with the release date of 1st Feb 2007 for 2.2 but then I got stuck doing a review of a drive and doing loads of disc tests / scans. There are only so many hours in the day and I do try and have a little bit of a life outside of ImgBurn.

To quote one of my favorite movies (http://www.imdb.com/title/tt0071853/quotes).

Bridgekeeper: Get on with it.

Tim: Yes! Get on with it!

Army: Get on with it!

Dingo: Oh, thank you, thank you!

God: Get on with it!

:whack:

Humbly waiting for the update with the md5sum duplicate file thingy (to be technical), because CdImage didn't work for me and I haven't had time to figure out the mkisofs options.

:worthy: :worthy: :worthy: LUK

Mark

Edited by MarkC

I only know one harold and he's a hedgehog.

You mean this?:

Harold The Hedgehog

While strolling through the meadow

Upon one and fine and sunny day

Harold the hedgehog

Came across a bullfrog along the way

Wearily Harold asked the bullfrog

"What ever is going on my friend??

The bullfrog answered happily

"You won't believe what I?ve just seen"

Harold then replied

"What ever do you mean??

The bullfrog then answered

With a smile on his face

"I've just seen a lizard

In a tutu dancing up a storm

While trying to do a crawl"

Saying

"Quick, quick get out of my way

I think I?m going to fall"

:whistling:

The lunatics have taken over again.......................................... :thumbsup: Thats just the way I like it!!!

Now heres a thought LUK, change the splashscreen so it comes up with a nice picture of Harold. Aaaaaah :give_heart:

Everywhere you go on different forums the respect LUK has is awesome, but the thought of him 'loving' his hedgehog is an image too far. Please, please if you did keep it to yourself. :innocent:

Bet the bloke who started this thread is really happy...anybody remember what it was about?

Everywhere you go on different forums the respect LUK has is awesome, but the thought of him 'loving' his hedgehog is an image too far. Please, please if you did keep it to yourself. :innocent:

Bet the bloke who started this thread is really happy...anybody remember what it was about?

And rightly so........... :worthy::worthy::worthy::worthy::worthy:

Important Information

By using this site, you agree to our Terms of Use.