Strange happenings

DasReich

Hi guys.

Got a problem again...

Oh no I hear you groan.

On shutdown of my pc, the system fans remain running requiring me to physicaly turn the machine off. As far as I can see, Im not having any temperature issues, all temps are within reasonable limits.

Its only started doing this in the last week.

Only thing different in the system is an additional 2 gigs of ram. Cant quite remember if it started before the ram went in or not now..alzheimers you see...Im an old git.

Any ideas about this?

Dave.

Clean it out regular Pony, got several cans of airduster which I blast it out with.

Will try taking ram out when I get the chance, so bloody busy right now though, wont be able to check that till the weekend.

I had a weird thing happen with my fan when installing 2 more GB once. The fan was making more noise than usual, like the blades were hitting on something. Then, it just went away. Anyway, as suggested, yeah, I'd first remove the RAM you added and see if it happens. If not, then, remove the old RAM that was in there and put the new RAM in the same sockets and see if it repeats. If not, then, put the 2 old ones in the sockets the new ones had been in and repeat. This should rule out if the new RAM itself is the direct cause.

A young man moves to a village in Wales and gets talking to an old man from the village. He asks the old man what his name is; the old man gets very irate at this point and says:

See that line of houses over there? I built them all, but do they call me Jones the house builder?

No!

See those railway lines over there? I laid them all, but do they call me Jones the engineer?

No!

See those bridges over that river? I built them all, but do they call me Jones the bridge builder?

No!

But, a long long time ago, I fooked *one* sheep...

Important Information

By using this site, you agree to our Terms of Use.