So frusterated

Xen

Ok first of all let me say that I am a complete noob to burning anything. I dont know anything about it and am having trouble learning how to burn.

I have gone to a lot of sites and I have downloaded Daemons Tools, DVDDecrypter, and ImgBurn.

I want to put this file onto a Sony DVD+RW. Im not sure what I did wrong but I cant write the file to the disk. At the bottom of the ImgBurn window it says "Device Not Ready (Medium Not Present)". Can someone here help me?

Im not even sure if im using the right file. There is a WinRar Archive folder in the folder which I cant open as well as a MDS file. Which one should I be burning?

Im pretty sure I have a dvd burner.

The log says

17:19:38 ImgBurn Version 2.1.0.0 started!

17:19:38 Microsoft Windows XP Home Edition (5.1, Build 2600 : Service Pack 2)

17:19:38 Initialising SPTI...

17:19:38 Searching for SCSI / ATAPI devices...

17:19:38 Found 1 DVD-ROM and 1 DVD-ROM/CD-RW!

'Medium Not Present' = No disc in the drive.

Put a disc in it and make sure it's one the drive actually supports.

Lots of people buy DVDs and expect them to burn in their CD burners - they of course, will not! (That's what corny is hinting at in his post above)

EDIT: No you don't have a DVD burner, just a CD burner. If you want to burn DVD's you'll need to buy a new drive.

by your log , it looks like you have a combo drive, it can read dvd's but only burn cd's, you can buy a dvd burner pretty cheap these days, maybe you could take the combo drive out and install a dvd burner?

EDIT: you beat me to it boss :P

It really isn't hard to swap out a drive and install a new one, even I can do it !! :P The hardest bit for me is getting the bloody case open every time :doh:

Why don't you just leave the case open?

A SHORT STORY

A forum member is at his computer. He is sitting there typing a post in the ImgBurn forum...type.gif

After which...pcfite.gif

After which...a032.gif

After which...smiley-channel.de_technik014.gif

After which...sign0080.gif

Let's all try to guess which member this is.

Important Information

By using this site, you agree to our Terms of Use.