Another Layer Break Question

Movie Junkie

Please take a look at the following layer break positions available to me. Since the excellent positions are 71/29 and worse (those aren't shown but they go down to 75/25) I was wondering if it is still a good idea to select one of them rather than an average position that is 50/50? I was planing on using the third excellent position from the top (17th position overall).

If I select one that is 71/29 what problems, if any, might I run into?

layerbreakhn8.jpg

as long as the 71/29 has been determined to be excellent you should have no problems .Seeing as its those kinds of numbers can you post what the total size of the ISO is or would it be better off put on a SL ,is it something in the 6 gig range ?

Just remember it's potentially excellent in terms of watching it play back and that you won't notice the join!

50/50 is still the best to use for the most 'compatible' disc when reading it back in your player.

That said, if you do go for an excellent one (which is good because the whole of VTS_01 is then on the same side), even though it might be 70/30 or whatever, the burner will probably burn rubbish to even the two out when it closes the track / disc.

I believe drives just like data on L0 having data opposite it on L1 - it makes it easier to read.

as long as the 71/29 has been determined to be excellent you should have no problems .Seeing as its those kinds of numbers can you post what the total size of the ISO is or would it be better off put on a SL ,is it something in the 6 gig range ?

Thanks polo. The ISO file is 5.29GB.

If I understand you correctly LUK using the 71/29 position, while not being the most compatible, won't cause any problems because of the burner "filling out" the rest of the layer after the real data is in place. Is that correct?

Does the added rubbish make the position compatible?

Yup that's pretty much how it should work.

You'll soon be able to tell because either close track or the close disc function will take ages to complete - as it burns the remainder of the disc.

btw, you might aswell just use the VTS_02_0.IFO entry - LBA : 1974000

That way, vts_01 finishes on L0 and vts_02 starts on L1 - and all without having to perform any padding.

Hi All,

I have two questions to ask...

1. When I choose the position of the layer break example below, does the position I choose get burned on the L0 layer or L1 layer, what I mean is does the layer break position chosen be the last position on L0 gets burned before burning onto the next position on the L1 layer (using the picture below as an example)?

2. Which of the the two pics below would you guys think is the best choice for layer breaking?

LayerBreak50.jpg

LayerBreak61.jpg

Edited by trueno!

Thanks polo. The ISO file is 5.29GB.

MJ I wouldn't even bother putting that on a dL squash it a little bit and it will fit and play perfect on a SL. I just did a 7gig (enhanced settings) SL on a Verb+R and it plays fine on a 32 inch

The thing you select is then the first thing on the 2nd layer.

I'd go with VTS_15_0.IFO from your examples.

I C... Thanks Lightning... I can see why my DL disks I build is a bit off when previewing them on a DVD player... Well Thanks for the info... back to rebuilding DL iso's :thumbup:

Important Information

By using this site, you agree to our Terms of Use.