ImgBurn v2.2.0.0 Released!

LIGHTNING UK!

• Replies 69
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

I've just done a burn with ImgBurn. Still great! Which is why I am donating some of my birthday money to you. Better it go to a great program than to alcohol and the like ;)

Transferring the money to PayPal now :). It will take a couple of days for it to go through.

Edited by linx05

Hmm well all that's changed wild77 is that the box was made to be Unicode enabled via the TntUnicode components.

It must not be able to parse the text properly under wine / linux or something.

Is this enabled only on the destination box? I am still able to browse for a folder in the source box with no issues. It is only when selecting the destination folder that there is a problem, only the first letter shows up but the full filename will appear in the drop down.

btw, could u try not forcing the OS to emulate NT4 and instead uncheck the 'use cdrom class' option in the settings on the I/O tab.

I usually have it set to Windows 2000 as you had suggested in another thread, I was trying some different settings to see if there was any difference.

I don't want to hijack this thread so I will start a new one in the support forum, also the ISO read and write functions still seem ok.Build Mode is also working now. Here is the new thread

http://forum.imgburn.com/index.php?s=&...ost&p=38804

Edited by wild77

I've just done a burn with ImgBurn. Still great! Which is why I am donating some of my birthday money to you. Better it go to a great program than to alcohol and the like ;)

Transferring the money to PayPal now :). It will take a couple of days for it to go through.

Wish I got birthday money. :(

Regards

Brilliant new release. I like everything about it. I'm sure like many others that by using ImgBurn I've learned a lot about burning-related matters and indeed computers in general. Thanks so much LUK! - your contribution to free software has been immeasurable.

Edited by A_T

Thanks for 2.2.0.0 this is really an excellent program. I think I shall donate again... done it twice so far, at release of new version :thumbup:

One thing though about ISO Read Mode and CD's.

It seems that what ImgBurn does, is default to a raw sector reading method which creates an image usually called MODE[12]/FORM1/2352 (the last figure being the no of bytes in each sector read). But I haven't seen anything anywhere in the program or here in the forum about sub-channel data. If that is read as well, the result should be a (example) MODE2/FORM1/2448 image -- that would be for reading raw or packed R-W sub-chan data. ImgBurn can parse and then write (burn) such an image no prob, but it doesn't seem to be able to create one at all.

Not all drives can read sub-chan data, or can only read it in packed form (de-interleaved and error corrected) but many can. Yes, I'm aware that not that many CD writers allow 100% SW control over raw sub-channel data creation, but still...

I'm guessing that ImgBurn 2.2.0.0 does not bother with sub-chan data in write mode either at all. When will it, if ever?

Also, it would be good if it did support multi-track CD's in Read Mode. Multi session is pretty unnecessary though IMO. What are the plans here, if any?

Cheers,

/M

Correct, ImgBurn doesn't use sub channel data. It won't write it and it won't read it. If it's present in an image, it just gets discarded.

I very much doubt that'll change to be honest - it's simply not required for the type of reading/writing ImgBurn is aimed at. I've no intention of making ImgBurn a freeware version of Alcohol 120%/BlindWrite/CloneCD!

I'm sure multitrack/session support will be added one day. When I do it, it will (have to) be implemented for both mode (Read/Write). I don't often see multitrack images unless they're CD Audio - and once I start to support that, I then probably have to do mp3 burning etc - so it's quite bit of work and opens up a whole new can of worms!

Correct, ImgBurn doesn't use sub channel data. It won't write it and it won't read it. If it's present in an image, it just gets discarded.

That's what I thought when I tested it today with some images I have. Good, that's that confirmed once and for all.

it's simply not required for the type of reading/writing ImgBurn is aimed at.
If you say so. Not sure what this really means, but fair enough.

I've no intention of making ImgBurn a freeware version of Alcohol 120%/BlindWrite/CloneCD!

OK. There already are such freeware tools for Win32 (Open Source), cdrtools (works very well under cygwin) and cdrdao are the ones that spring to mind. They've existed for >5 years, being able to read and write sub-chan data. The only drawback(?) with those is that Win32 GUIs for them are scarce, if not non-existant...

I'm sure multitrack/session support will be added one day. When I do it, it will (have to) be implemented for both mode (Read/Write). I don't often see multitrack images unless they're CD Audio
I'd agree with this. Multitrack usually implies CD-DA tracks on the CD.

- and once I start to support that, I then probably have to do mp3 burning etc - so it's quite bit of work and opens up a whole new can of worms!

I don't see why you'd have to do anything special with MP3 -- unless you mean that you'd have to decode MP3 files into a DA stream for burning a CD-DA from .mp3-files? If so, I'd call that a can of worms alright, but I'd not do that ever if I were you, the motive more or less being "it's simply not required for the type of reading/writing ImgBurn is aimed at"

Thanks again for an excellent program, I use it all the time and there are two people at the top of my list of trustworthy SW authors in this area: you and J?rg Schilling. Now, before all you ppl here in this forum start flaming me for even mentioning his name: he writes good code that works and he maintains it properly -- whatever else I might think of him.

Right, I'll send some money (again ;) ) via Paypal very soon

Cheers,

/M

Hi all, thankyou LUK! for the new release, I have being using your software for ages and following this fourm regularly, just decided to register for a change!

And here I thought blutach would never install AnyDVD. Caught you red handed! :P;)

Thanks for the update LIGHTNING UK!.

===============================================
Filter Driver Load Order - ImgBurn v2.2.0.0
===============================================

Upper Device Filter:  redbook
Upper Class Filter:  [None Found]
		 Device:  CD/DVD-ROM Device
Lower Class Filter:  RegKill
Lower Class Filter:  PxHelp20
Lower Class Filter:  AnyDVD
Lower Device Filter:  imapi

I have no clue what RegKill is. Nor most of the other ones.

That RegKill that you see in that list looks like part of DVD Region Killer so I have to ask have you ever installed that before?

Hope this helps shed some light,

John72.

LIGHTNING UK!

Good to find your site and great to say Hello to you and your site members.

Great softwear and just nothing but good things to say and recomend about the old softwear of DVD Decrypter and Shrink.

I would like to take this time as well to invite you and all your members to visit our site

Louisian Skyline ( also powered by IPB) http://www.louisianaskyline.invisionzone.com/forums/

CRAZY 1 :teehee:

Edited by CRAZY 1

• 3 weeks later...

Thanks a lot LUK!

Saw the changelog before downloading, and this version is almost worthy of a v3.0.0.0 release.

In about five days I will have broadband at home so you will see me a little more often on the forums.